Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sunday 8 Ventana riders and 4 Giant riders rode at Swinley forest just outside of London. The temp first thing was -2 warming up in the afternoon to 4 degrees. It has lots of singletrack with very slippery roots to catch you out. I have included some pics more to follow later in the week. The tank traps are from WW2. UkTrailmonster is on the X5 and Dave is on his EL Chamuco.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ajr said:
This sunday 8 Ventana riders and 4 Giant riders rode at Swinley forest just outside of London. The temp first thing was -2 warming up in the afternoon to 4 degrees. It has lots of singletrack with very slippery roots to catch you out. I have included some pics more to follow later in the week. The tank traps are from WW2. UkTrailmonster is on the X5 and Dave is on his EL Chamuco.
Colin and Leon through the roots and trees.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Here's my pics (pic).

Here are the pictures you can take when you are all by yourself on your road bike. Again nobody showed for the Sunday morning shop ride. I was going to take some shots like here's Fernando farting at 20 plus mph. Here's Dino flipping you off at 20 plus mph. But again just me. It could have had something to do with the 36 degree temps.

Cheers to you Alan for keeping the weekend thread going. Good job Mate!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cool pics. Gotta love them roots, especially when you're trying to take it into a turn immediately at the bottom.

I'm glad somebody got out this weekend. We got too much snow and it's melting very slowly so next weekend could be in jeopardy.
:(

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Sweet! Those are just cool!

ajr said:
Pics! The Tank traps are awesome, really cool to see them build a park and leave those there.

Awesome.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pauliemon said:
Here are the pictures you can take when you are all by yourself on your road bike. Again nobody showed for the Sunday morning shop ride. I was going to take some shots like here's Fernando farting at 20 plus mph. Here's Dino flipping you off at 20 plus mph. But again just me. It could have had something to do with the 36 degree temps.

Cheers to you Alan for keeping the weekend thread going. Good job Mate!
Fair weather riders. If riders miss a couple of rides here the next time they come in the shop I take them out back and thrash them with a rubber hose. Trouble is a couple of them dont go riding but insist on their punishment.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ciclistagonzo said:
Pics! The Tank traps are awesome, really cool to see them build a park and leave those there.

Awesome.
In the flat lands there are plenty of reinforced concrete gun emplacements built to shoot paratroopers if an invasion had come that are to hard to remove. I would imagine they will remain as a constant reminder for generations to come.

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
Man I wish I could fly over and join you guys. I'm surprised by how many ferns there are in the photos, but I guess I shouldn't be. You probably have rain about like us in the southern US.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
paddlefoot64 said:
Man I wish I could fly over and join you guys. I'm surprised by how many ferns there are in the photos, but I guess I shouldn't be. You probably have rain about like us in the southern US.
You would be most welcome. I can supply a bike for for anyone who is ever over here and wants to ride with us.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ajr said:
Fair weather riders. If riders miss a couple of rides here the next time they come in the shop I take them out back and thrash them with a rubber hose. Trouble is a couple of them dont go riding but insist on their punishment.
I use a Tufo cross tubular, they like the knobs.

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
ajr said:
You would be most welcome. I can supply a bike for for anyone who is ever over here and wants to ride with us.
Thanks Alan. Now if I can talk the wife into letting me hop the pond for a weekend of riding sometime. Great pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.