Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a different type of UFC than is usually posted on this site.... If you are in Ultimate Fighter Championships you shoud tune into Spike tv right now... THE BEST FIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN!!! 15 minutes of nothing but swinging for the fences!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can Hope

I hope that there is at least one Ultimate Fighting Chamionship fighter fan in this forum. This was the final of the SPIKE TV UFC series. Watched a ton of UFC fights, and this was the best one... congrats to the newbies

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I was choked out a few different times by a guy who seems to be a big name on that UFC thing...Tito Ortiz. He was on my wrestling team in college.....if you got an itch for a little blood lust, good stuff to watch. SICKO! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I watched it for the first time last night. Good stuff! That fight between Forest and (I forget his name) was pretty sweet. I can't believe he won by one punch!

Who won the main fight? I had to miss it....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Underdog

Ken Shamrock and the Jim Carrey looking guy only lasted a couple of minutes... Shamrock fell, and got pummeled for a while b4 the ref called it.

·
Your bike sucks
2,567 Posts
I did the MMA thing for a while. Started regular MA when I was 12 and fell in and out of it for like the next 20 years - it's a semi-natural progession to MMA and cross training. UFC/MMA today is some serious business. I know cyclists understand suffering but fighting is a different type of suffering....working for position and trying to defend strikes/subs/counter positioning is a serious head game. Ignore the pain. I stopped when I was already on the fence and then my ears started going bad..cauliflower ears are not attractive no matter who says it. Got to treat those puppies early! I'm pretty much done with all that for now but I'm still a big fan of UFC/PRIDE/ETC....one day I may go back to Judo (my fav and original sport) as it's the best mannered MA for me. BTW - there is a 'real' UFC card this weekend - headliners are Couture and Liddell in a rematch. Should be great. The UFC/MMA events got a bad rap early on because of the 'no-rules' spectacle/attraction. It's really progressed quite a bit in terms of strategy and fighter quality. Sanctioned and well on it's way to be a established main-stream sport. The regular cable TV showing is a big step in that direction. Cheers.

PS- pretty neat that Kirk trained w/ Tito back in college.

C - 20lbs lighter and a lot nicer nowadays

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.