Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
on saturday a sheet load of us did a little road,
shultz, gnarly, dry lake, upper oldham,red onion,
road, sunset, hobbit forest, little bear, road.
yum. 21 miles of trail goodness.

Attachments

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Nice pics, I wish I was in good enough shape, to ride up there. One more thing, in the first pic, you've got rescue info, written in the dust, on the back glass. You forgot to put a date, so the people that find your van, know how long you've been out there, and if they should start searching or not. Just trying to help, don't flame me.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rescue shmescu. it was for the pizza delivery guy.

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Pizza? On a ride? Man, I gotta get in shape, so we can ride together!

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JrockFeltaz said:
Great riding with you guys Yuri!
likewise.
nice pics.
did you stay and ride on sunday?

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
YuriB said:
likewise.
nice pics.
did you stay and ride on sunday?

Yes, but split from the group cause I wasn't feeling it and wanted to get back early. Ended up lost in the secret trails and wound up on some fire roads that dumped me out down by snowbowl road. Got back to the car around 4:30 or so.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
YuriB said:
the trails were certainly busy but
everyone was kewl and civil.
Surprised we didn't run into you on the trails! Saturday we rode up Schultz, Little Gnarly, Upper Brookback, down Little Bear and the back on Schultz. On Sunday we had big bikes out for shuttles while some did XC.... I was out with BrianC and TheTrux for our first ride on the newly rerouted Supermoto. Oh MY!!!! that trail is absolutely awesome!!! I can't wait to get back and do it again. All in all, a fine weekend up in the woods :) .

BTW, that campfire shot is in complete accordance with the no-fire rule on Elden as it is a self-contained propane campfire! Very cool... all the enjoyment of a campfire without the smoke and stink and hazard.

-Kathleen

Attachments

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DurtGurl said:
Surprised we didn't run into you on the trails! Saturday we rode up Schultz, Little Gnarly, Upper Brookback, down Little Bear and the back on Schultz. On Sunday we had big bikes out for shuttles while some did XC.... I was out with BrianC and TheTrux for our first ride on the newly rerouted Supermoto. Oh MY!!!! that trail is absolutely awesome!!! I can't wait to get back and do it again. All in all, a fine weekend up in the woods :) .

BTW, that campfire shot is in complete accordance with the no-fire rule on Elden as it is a self-contained propane campfire! Very cool... all the enjoyment of a campfire without the smoke and stink and hazard.

-Kathleen
we ran into noel and his wife and he said we got an earlier start than ya'll.
we did run into tons of folks tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice pics.....

it was a b..e..a...utiful weekend up there, in fact, i think it's time to go up there again tomorrow. Lemme help you out with the north side images of humphreys as seen from FR418 on the Peaks Loop....there's still snow!

Attachments

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
YuriB said:
Oh! We had a strange story of what a small world this is over the weekend...

Those who arrived on Friday found a solo camper set up at our usual camp spot. The camper said he didn't mind if we shared the spot for the weekend. This guy had a decked out camping/biking setup complete with a Nissan truck with Hawaii plates. Rumor was that he was on a mulit-month vacation during a transition from being a bike mechanic to going to school to be a nurse and had been at the campspot for almost a week. The rest of us all arrive on Saturday and filled in around camp then shot out for riding. It wasn't until Sunday morning that I finally saw the guy... Wait a minute! He looked familiar! Turns out this guy is Aaron who my team Bad Betty flew up to WV in 2000 to wrench for us at 24 Hrs of Snowshoe!!!

In past years, I've run into folks on the Flag trails from Ohio who I hadn't seen in ages. Missing someone? Go to Flag and ride the trails and maybe just maybe you will find them...

·
Registered
523 Posts
DurtGurl said:
Oh! We had a strange story of what a small world this is over the weekend...

Those who arrived on Friday found a solo camper set up at our usual camp spot. The camper said he didn't mind if we shared the spot for the weekend. This guy had a decked out camping/biking setup complete with a Nissan truck with Hawaii plates. Rumor was that he was on a mulit-month vacation during a transition from being a bike mechanic to going to school to be a nurse and had been at the campspot for almost a week. The rest of us all arrive on Saturday and filled in around camp then shot out for riding. It wasn't until Sunday morning that I finally saw the guy... Wait a minute! He looked familiar! Turns out this guy is Aaron who my team Bad Betty flew up to WV in 2000 to wrench for us at 24 Hrs of Snowshoe!!!
How funny! Although I recall him being a good mechanic, I wonder if I would even recognize him! Do you have a picture of him? Was he the guy who was out with Mikehell when he crashed down Teeth Creek Trail?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
IttyBittyBetty said:
How funny! Although I recall him being a godd mechanic, I wonder if I would even recognize him! Do you have a picture of him? Was he the guy who was out with Mikehell when he crashed down Teeth Creek Trail?
Yup - same guy! I found one pic of Aaron. Tall guy, you'd recognize him if you saw him despite the muddy haze of our Bad Betty weekend seven years ago.

Attachments

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
YuriB said:
Amy & I ran into Yuri's gang at the intersection of Sunset and Upper Brookbank. Most of that gang departed down Little Bear and we followed at a leisurely pace taking pics and stopping at the bench for a bite. A little further down Little Bear Durtgurl's crew caught us and we finished down Shultz.

Mmmmm.....I'm ready for seconds!

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts