Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Conti Vapor :) on my S Works Enduro :) , which I love in the dry :) , as very fast. But when it gets wet :mad: :eek: , they are all over the place.

Tried PanaRacer Fire xc :( , inline traction was not good and held on to the mud, making them slow. Nokian NBX 2.1 :) , very nice, but tread as a short life. Also tried the 2.3 version :( , but very noisy and slow. In the mud, using Mudmad 1.95 :) , which are very nice.

All my tyres are folding, as I try to keep weight to a minimum. My riding style is long xc and short light freeride.

If it exists, I would like a fat (So it looks nice), supper light, supper fast tyre with excellent grip in all conditions except deep mud !!

Any ides? Anyone tried the S Works Enduro? Looks lovely and feels light, but I think the rolling resistance will make it slow?

I did say a tyre to die for

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Yaff said:
Running Conti Vapor :) on my S Works Enduro :) , which I love in the dry :) , as very fast. But when it gets wet :mad: :eek: , they are all over the place.

Tried PanaRacer Fire xc :( , inline traction was not good and held on to the mud, making them slow. Nokian NBX 2.1 :) , very nice, but tread as a short life. Also tried the 2.3 version :( , but very noisy and slow. In the mud, using Mudmad 1.95 :) , which are very nice.

All my tyres are folding, as I try to keep weight to a minimum. My riding style is long xc and short light freeride.

If it exists, I would like a fat (So it looks nice), supper light, supper fast tyre with excellent grip in all conditions except deep mud !!

Any ides? Anyone tried the S Works Enduro? Looks lovely and feels light, but I think the rolling resistance will make it slow?

You are going to have some compromise. You are asking a lot from one tire. I like the NBX 2.3 for most conditions. The Spec Enduro is good. Also look at the Schwalbe Jimmy and Albert series tires and the Kenda Blue Groove 2.10.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yaff said:

Try the Geax Blade. It is not the lightest tire but it does well in all those conditions you mentioned or at least it has for me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Kenda Blue Groove

was very nice so far. I rode the Specialized Enduro a while, good tire, too. But a very thin sidewall, especially with Stan's. Nokian NBX with Stan's=suicide. With tubes they're great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.