Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- new on the forum, and not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes....

I have a bike with spruce rims, which appears to be a mid 1930s model, based on the gear system- see photos.

I'm trying to track down some tyres for it so I can take it for a (sympathetic) ride.

Rims are 26inch (660mm) diameter (edge to edge) and 30mm wide (outside to out side) That's wider that an RM25!

The chain stays and seat stays are very tight at around 40mm.

Any ideas??

PS, check out the linkage back brake- suprised this design didn't re-appear on '80s mountain bikes,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm fairly sure that would be called a 28" wheel.. by the time you got rubber on there. I'm too lazy to check the dims.. maybe Manmonkey has it off the top of his head.

Tires would likely be tubulars.. ie glue on's. Pretty hard to find. I would forget the idea of riding it.. at least with those wheels.

-Schmitty-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip on CABE- I didn't know about this forum . Looks like I need 28"x1.5 tubulars which are readily available (at a price)....

Cheers,
Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.