Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i need some new tyres very soon. only prob is that i commute for around 10 miles a day and dj. Do you think it is worth spending more on them or should i just get some cheapish Tioga tyres? Will they wear down much quicker that the dmr tyres for example?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Halo twin rails or Maxxis Holyrollers. Never tried twin rails, but heard good reviews about them. I have HolyRollers and they are magnificant. I ride alot of urban, And they are perfact for that, and they grip extremely well in the dirt. However, none of these tires are made for anything loose.

·
Registered
952 Posts
K-Rads are fine for what you are doing. They were originally designed as BMX dirt jumping tires, so they are perfect for that. They also roll quite quickly for commuting. Kenda has the 26 x 1.95 version on their site under the comfort/commuting section. Just make sure you put air in them, like 60 psi for pavment minimum as the sidewalls aren't that thick. I run mine at 80 psi front and 100 psi rear with no problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
My DMR Moto Diggers are hooking up pretty well in loose dusty conditions. The Arrow Racing Blitz tires hook up well too. The tread pattern is more aggressive on these tires.
Yeah i was thinking about those dmr's. but will they wear down quicker than say the halo's when commuting because of the style of tread?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.