Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think that Mojo gets ridden on very different trails in around the world and I thought it would be nice to show to other people on what kind of trails people regularly ride.

[edit: Please include the location of the trails (at least country and state/area and also city and name of the trail if necessary) so that others don't have to guess whereabouts in the world you are located. ]

I got an inpiration to this thread when I saw two nice video's posted by pastajet on another thread (https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=481048). The trails on those video's looked nice...and completely different from the trails which I ride.

I live in southern Finland and we have a lot of small to medium sized roots on our trails as well as quite a lot of rocks. We've got plenty of forests around here and therefore most of our trails are in the forests. We don't have any mountains so the altitude differences are not that big around here.

One thing that's different to most others is the fact that we have a so called "everyman's rights" here in Finland which means that you are allowed to cycle freely in the countryside. Therefore we don't have any purpose built mtb trails instead we use trails that already exists in the nature.

Here are some pics of the trails around here. I've not taken any of them instead they are taken on a mtb race which we organised on our trails around Lahti this summer.

Yes, that's a Mojo on the previous pic. Look what happened next:

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
This is from my last property on the coast of Oregon. At the bottom of this road is a trail to the right.
Photobucket

This is it-
Photobucket

This post would not be complete without a cat on a fence-
Photobucket

My present property is on the coast of N. California-
This is an area in a small valley where a number of great trails take off from. It's an old redwood logging area with logging railroad rails still laying around in some areas. And singletrack to die for.
Photobucket

One of those trails-
Photobucket

An example of what size tree used to be here-
Photobucket

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pics and video's. Very interesting to see trails from around the world. Keep them coming!

I forgot to mention on the first post that at the moment the trails in here look completely different because of snow. Winter riding in the snow is great. No current pics of that unfortunately. I'll try to take some winter riding pics later on.

·
half tread will travel
240 Posts
trails in my neck of the woods...

this is a video of some of my buds riding in mixture of snow and ice in duxbury woods massachusetts, usa...the frozen ground helps to go faster but than the snow, ice and studded tires makes more work of it...

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Some favorite rides

Great thread!

Some scenes from favorite rides from trips to Moab and Goosberry Mesa in Utah, Sedona and South Mountain in Arizona, and finally near my home in Marin.

Attachments

·
Ride More Work Less
372 Posts
90% of my riding is in the coast range mountains west of Portland, Oregon. Brown's Camp, Gales Greek, Storey Burn, and Wilson River Trails. The remaining riding is around Mt. Hood with a couple trips per year to McKenzie River in central Oregon. Here are a few pictures.

Knebal Springs Trail East of Mt. Hood

McKenzie River Trail near Central Oregon

"Blue Pool" on Mckenzie River Trail

Crosstown Trail SW of Mt. Hood

Let's not forget this is about Mojos! Wilson River Trail in Coast Mtns west of Portland

Wilson River Trail west of Portland

Storey Burn Trail in Coast Mtns West of Portland

Bottom of Storey Burn Trail in Coast Mtns west of Portland

University Falls/"Brown's Camp" Trail west of Portland

University Falls/"Brown's Camp" Trail west of Portland

Brown's Camp Trail west of Portland

Brown's Camp Trail west of Portland

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.