Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bike for to ride back and forth to school, work, and beat on a bit, prolly more than I realize. I found an 02 Specialized Hardrock Comp (dont remember the full name) on craigslist for $200 which I think is prolly too much for it even tho it looks new. Its a 19" frame. I am 5'11"ish. 30"ish inseam. Is that gonna be too big? I've talked to 2 ppl about size. One said I'd be a M frame and 19" is the largest I should ride. and another said I'd be a 18-19" frame.

And I am still debating new or used.

Any advice will be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
It depends on the riding style. If you want something that is easier to maneuver around get a 17-17.5. If you are just getting it for some XC riding(which is that bikes intention) the 19" should be fine. I'm 5'10-5'11 or so with 32" inseam and I ride a 19" fisher. I feel cramped on a 17" frame and also I don't need a frame that is easier to throw around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx. I've inquired about that 19" frame I saw on craigslist. I'll test it out and if it doesn't feel right, I dont have to buy it and know I need a smaller frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone finally got back to me about a bike and I bought it. Its a Rockhopper. I rode it a lil the day after I bought it and then took it in for a tune-up yesterday and to get some parts replaced. Minor stuff and they said I'll have it back to me some time this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.