Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies for asking a question that is likely unpredictable, but my family is considering a visit to ride and camp at Durango the week of October 11-15. Growing up in the Midwest, that week can be beautiful or super rainy.

Now living in Tucson, you get worried as when it cools off here, it's likely super cold where you want to go haha.

Since our kids are young we would probably just spend time at Horse Thief and Twin Butte trail systems, but I might try to break away for riding off of Molas Pass if the weather would allow (not sure about snow timing). We've camped at Junction Creek multiple times and would probably target that again.

Any local input is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

· Registered
1,724 Posts
Hard to say; there could be rain/snow, for sure it will be cold at night and in the morning.
It was 29F earlier this week in the canyon, but the days have still been super nice mid 70's-80 clear and blue.

Supposed to get a little rain here or snow up high next week. Just keep an eye on the weather....the Aspens are getting yellow and the leaves are dropping!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.