Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone racing at Tyler Mill this weekend? It will be my first race in a few years so I will be racing beginner (not that I have ever raced anything other than beginner).

Stone

·
Banned
49 Posts
It's going to a be a great race!

I'll be racing, along with 7 of my other teammates. The sport 30-39 field should be a huge field along with the others. Some of our guys are racing both the expert and masters classes to get a great workout.

The weather looks perfect for Sat.

So, if your not racing or doing anything else come down to this race it will be worth $25.

David

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beginner to Sport

What do you have to do to move from beginner to sport? I haven't done a pure mountain bike race in many years but I have done Hi-Tek several times, 24 hours of adrenalin twice and many running races. I wanted to do my first race back in beginner to get my feet wet and to see how I would do. If I get beat pretty badly then I will do some more beginner races and train a little harder. However, if I did okay, then I would look to move to sport to do the longer races (and really get my but kicked). I am in the 30-39 group and it sounds like there is a good group in sport 30-39.

So if I want to move up, what do I need to do.

Thanks

Stone.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Having never raced either I have a few questions.

How long are beginner and sport races? 5,10,20 miles? 1 hour, 2, epic?

I would assume that beginner class riders still ride at a good pace, but are sport riders riding at full sprint?

Thanks.

·
Banned
49 Posts
races

I'm sticking with the beg 30-39 this race. I have a knee injury from last weeks race.
I plan on moving up to sport for the last 2-3 races.

The beginner races are about 9-10 miles and take 50- 60 min avrg to finish. With about 10-15 riders in the class.

The sports do about 15-20 miles (usally one extra lap more than the beg) a finishing time of 1:10- 1:20 (about 15-20 mins more than beg) The pace is fast and there are about 20-30 riders.

Good luck,

David

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, but why the wierd categories?

Stonexc said:
Anyone racing at Tyler Mill this weekend? It will be my first race in a few years so I will be racing beginner (not that I have ever raced anything other than beginner).

Stone
Done a lot of reading on this at the site... Sounds like a race for racers. Looking forward to it. What is with the wierd categories for sport. I don't know how successfil they will be in enticing people to race for no points...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wilderness_Dave said:
I'll be racing, along with 7 of my other teammates. The sport 30-39 field should be a huge field along with the others. Some of our guys are racing both the expert and masters classes to get a great workout.

The weather looks perfect for Sat.

So, if your not racing or doing anything else come down to this race it will be worth $25.

David
Did I understand they are racing two different races? Will they et you register for two different races?

·
Banned
49 Posts
sircrashalot said:
Did I understand they are racing two different races? Will they et you register for two different races?
Yes they are racing the expert class in the morning, than racing the master class in the afternoon. Yes, you have to register for both to race both.

I'm going to stick to my one lap, then get out on the trail to video tape the races for the website.

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
sircrashalot said:
Done a lot of reading on this at the site... Sounds like a race for racers. Looking forward to it. What is with the wierd categories for sport. I don't know how successfil they will be in enticing people to race for no points...
It was my understanding that you *do* get points in the CT series in your respective age group. I think that they are simply putting age groups together in one big group to make the field bigger and more competitive during the actual race.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Only if you race the "sport" category.

LacticAddict said:
It was my understanding that you *do* get points in the CT series in your respective age group. I think that they are simply putting age groups together in one big group to make the field bigger and more competitive during the actual race.
The subtlety is that the two Masters categories yield only trophies, not points. :confused:

·
Banned
49 Posts
Sir, heres a message posted by the promoter Tony on the series message board.

"Two groups only for sport (and expert) juniors 18 and under and then the 19+.
Check the finishing times for last years race or any race this year and you
will see each class (19-29, 30-39-40-49) all finish at about the same time.
OR YOU COULD race one of the MASTERS races which is either the 35+ or the
45+. These classes will be both expert and sport riders racing together and
being scored together.

We're assuming this class will be raced by racers outside of
the series standings
, as NO SERIES POINTS will be given to theses categories.
We have heard from several experts that are looking foward to this class as
it is "only" two laps and due to their lack of fitness, they are planning on
coming back to race. Should be competitive!!
Tony "

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

David

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey lady
i got a trophy yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i got a trophy
i got a trophy

say it with me lady
i got a trophy
i got a trophy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.