Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am signed up for the Laramie Enduro 111K in two weeks and have been riding 4-5 days/week to get ready. My goal for the race is to finish it. :) This will be my first mtn bike race of any kind.

Any advice on how to spend my training time the last twelve days before this race? I have been trying to do one ride of 5+ hours per week and then several shorter but higher intensity rides. Our typical ride here is eight miles but climbs 2000 vertical feet all on singletrack. I have also added some road miles on the mtn bike to and from the trail head to increase my distance. Any input would be appreciated!

·
Tracking up the place
627 Posts
ah race prep what prep

With 550 + entrants I think not getting caught in the mayhem will work..... ride your pace...the race in my knowledge of past races was one of two ...bike maintenance and not getting hurt....these will defintaley ruin the day...MAke sure your bike is in running order and all new parts you have put on have broke in...Its not the race to try new stuff...68 miles exacts a toll.

Don't expect to take your bike to the local shops and expect a turnaround on Saturday....Everybody will be running in there and wanting all new cables etc.....Have it all done before you leave unless your there now..

Attrition for bike blowouts, wrecks etc.. will exact its own. See you there...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.