Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How dos it ride with such a short stack?

I've asked Unno about it. Here is the answer: "Honestly you can’t go wrong with any, the more offset a bit more agile, the less the more stable, so definitely a bit what you would prefer."

Our bikes have different rake (and trail), 51mm works well for me. Here is trail comparison for some bikes
Hello Igor, first of all compliments for the gorgeous bike! I'm really interested in the Horn. However I have several questions, if you can help me:
- How you feel the bike downhill with such a low stack on descends? Surely climbing the posture is aggressive, really racing, but this risks to be paid on descends. The Horn actually if the project with the lowest stack, followed by the Mondraker (still a Cesar's design). I saw one of the 2 you assembled is equipped with a gemini, which with -12 further reduces the handlebar heigh.
- You wrote it rides similar to a Fourstroke. Which ate the different, a part the weight?
- I plan to install a Ocho which will reduce the trail to 90mm, and I'm curious to know the difference you experience on between the 2 different build having both different rake/offset.
- Still don't understand why Unno does not install a remote. The cinematic can be as good as you want but there will always be a case when a lock is required, and hanging down to close it during a race is not the top. At least giving the user the choice to install it or not... I think that marketing wise precludes some sales, even if it is an exclusive project and the numbers are limited.

Thank you!

·
chasing simplicity
1,271 Posts
Igor,
How did you mount your Fox shock in the rear? What hardware is required...it looks non-standard. Thanks!

Edit: disregard, UNNO says custom hardware required in rear eyelet.

·
chasing simplicity
1,271 Posts
How's the longer term review? Any issues with frame...cracks, etc? Friend of mine reports developing crack at seattube and downtube right above bb...drive side crank rubbing on chainstay (maybe because of crack)?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts