Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TEST....

Nothing to see here move along - to the next post. If anyone wants to explain, once again, how to post all the pics together with text in between - I'm all ears...

Thanks and continue along (warning: Long and lots of pics)

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here are a few pics of weekend stoke that don’t quite measure up to Zilla’s Ninham thread but it was fun none the less. First, I have to say I sucked big ole pig nads (remember this post) I bonked and bonked hard at about the 40k mark (25 miles) In my defense, it was hot, the pace had been going at a pretty good clip and there was lots of climbing. (For me anyways) Oh yeah I forgot, I umm, suck. Yeah, that’s it.

Total ride was probably about 54k (just under 34 miles) before stopping for beer and that’s all I will count. (but to get home was another 10-15k) Thanks to Archer for bailing early with me and getting me back to civilization – I was so fried I would have probably spent the night in the woods and gone home on Sunday…

Without further excuses here are some pics. They are all from rest points cuz I was sucking wind and there was no chance of getting any of the good stuff, maybe Archer can get a couple trail shots (there were a few from one of the downhills) and post them up.

First up, what I thought was the top of the hill,

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wrong, after a 5 minute break it was up another
couple hundred meters of loose, rutted, and rooty trail.
that was to be the norm for the day..

Then there are a few of the group near the top, plus some pics of
Archer with his Spot and my Burner.

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyways, not long after this (about 3 more climbs) and I was done.
I think the others were getting tired of waiting at the crest of every hill
and I had absolutely no more go so I said I was done. Archer decided to
to head back also so it was down through a small village and past a nice meadow
with these guys chilling in the heat. I thought of Tidy so I snapped a few pics.

After that is was across an rail bridge, next to an old mill where some smart people
were beating the heat...

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up one more small hill and then back down along the river, think bridle path.
We stopped to take a couple photos with the tower in the background showing
where we had come from.

No, not that hill - we were actually one more over (behind that one)

Then the same spot with Archers Spot in the foreground…

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And now the good part...

I was having a hard time to ride on flat, even ground – I needed a break and some sustenance. Of course, Archer had a place in mind…

so while the others soldiered on and kept riding farther we ended up having more
fun in the end…(read, drank more beer)

So we had some beer...
Than some more beer - Archer says "Nas Dravi" (To your health)

I say GULP

And then there was some more beer and a little food. Of course I drank some water as well, but I could'nt move from the table for a couple of hours at least.

Attachments

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyways, it was good fun in a sadistic, run yourself into the ground sort of way. I am not used to riding in a group at a sustained pace. Not to mention after my broken collarbone at the end of last year and 3 months with no fitness at all to start 07. I cant climb for shite. (Not that I ever could) I can’t even comprehend the climbs you guys are doing up on the Front Range. Of course, these are all just excuses - if I would just ride more and drink less I doubt I would be having any trouble. Problem is those beer pictured above cost about a buck-fifty (yep for a half-litre)

I’ll end with one more picture – I have seen it a couple times before. I don’t have
any idea what the barge is actually hauling, I guess its just an advert for Staropramen,
one of the local Prague breweries.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Nice pix, as always. Looks like you got some speedo action for El Chig and a pasture for Tidy, beer shots for everyone else. I'd say you covered all the bases!

That Corratec looks . . . interesting.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Some more pics from our Czech co-riders

Canyon, "Bajkr" (Corratec owner), 5Spot, "Pebe" (Canyon owner), CDtofer, me

Trying to make a rack from the bottle

CDtofer

CDtofer

"Bajkr" downhilled it all without problem on his hardtail

·
Registered
346 Posts
When we had splitted, the main group continue climbing and riding for ~30-40km. What we are missed:

Czech food

Karlstein castle (on the background)

Ice-cream :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
CDtofer said:
Total ride was probably about 54k (just under 34 miles) before stopping for beer and that’s all I will count. (but to get home was another 10-15k)
I had 65km on my computer. So, you will have about 70-80km.

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah Baykr (thats Biker phonetically in Czech BTW) pinned it on just about everything. The dude flew up the climbs but what surprised me was how well he could descend on a HT and 80mm fork. Dude can rip...

It sucked to lay it down on that downhill about 80% of the way to the bottom. I was thrown off my line by one of the many loose branches and ended up with my front wheel hung up on a nice big tree root. I was too damn tired to lift the front wheel and the back started creeping up (it is definitely STIL) so I just decided to lay down in a bunch of nice soft pine needled, twigs and wrist thick fallen branches. I was actually so tired that the bed was pretty comfy. I was thinking about staying there and taking a short nap!

Um, El C - unfortunately your choice in swimwear is a big hit in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe. Some old guys even work on their house / yard in your favorite attire!!!

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
CDtofer said:
I thought of Tidy so I snapped a few pics.
Thanks CD, very much appreciated. I'm dying for some time on the bike at the moment but seeing others getting out and posting great pics helps a lot:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts