Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Freaking bugs getting stuck in my helmet. I hate having to stop and take my helmet off to get a freaking bug out.

2. MUD!!..Yes i know what you are saying "how can you hate mud?" Well here is the thing, for the past two weeks my local trail has been muddier than normal. I am getting real sick of going through a mud hole while riding my fav single tracks. My chain and rings get muddy causing the chain to skip. And my V-brakes do not work to great when really muddy.

Anyways while on the subject what do you guys DISLIKE about biking.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Nothing....

superotto80 said:
1. Freaking bugs getting stuck in my helmet. I hate having to stop and take my helmet off to get a freaking bug out.

2. MUD!!..Yes i know what you are saying "how can you hate mud?" Well here is the thing, for the past two weeks my local trail has been muddier than normal. I am getting real sick of going through a mud hole while riding my fav single tracks. My chain and rings get muddy causing the chain to skip. And my V-brakes do not work to great when really muddy.

Anyways while on the subject what do you guys DISLIKE about biking.
Let me help:

1. Bugs: Your'e mountain biking. Get used to it. They won't hurt you, for the most part. Let them whole up in your helemt vents until your ride's over.

2. Don't ride muddy trails. They tear your bike up and the volunteers who maintain the trails have to fix them after you tear them up.

I ride bikes because I enjoy riding bikes. So I don't see much negative about riding. If I did, why would I ride? I accept those things that I can't change (bugs and muddy trails) as part of the sport, not something to post about.

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
I can stand the bugs, but I hate the gnats that fly into my eyes. I also REALLY hate spider webs. Why is it that every web I go through has to hit me right in the face?

Mud is tolerable, but it can be annoying when the trails are just covered in it. I guess the part I hate most is getting it thrown into my face, but I can deal with it most days.

·
too tired to be clever
117 Posts
I'll Play.

1) Steaming piles of animal crap on the trail

2) Walkers three abreast who are deaf and don't let you pass

2A) one or more with earpods

3) MidPen rangers with radar guns

4) Dislocated shoulders and ribs from errors made while riding.

But it still is better than other hobbies, even at it's worst.

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
...Downhillers who think the "uphiller has right of way" rule doesn't apply to them.

There was a whole slew of these asshats out there Sunday. One of them flew by me at warp speed and got his bars tangled in some brush and actually wrecked, hehehe:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
111 Posts
95% of the time I have no problems with spiders, I just brush them off, never kill 'em in my house or anything.

BUT, when I get hit in the face 5 times in less than ten minutes by these ugly bastards I tend to freak a little. Not the web, the spiders hit me.

So on that note I can kind of understand, but otherwise I have no issues with mtb.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Spider webs. First guy on the trail in the mornings tends to be the guy knocking down all the overnight webs.

Still I like to get out early when it is cooler.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Goaters that won't yield when I'm rippin' mad gnarcore DH. :)

Ticks. Hate em.

Land managers that give exclusive access to hikers and equestrians.

Enviro-nazi-hippy-bikehaters.

Hikers with earpods or cell phones, dogs off leash.

Threads like this one.

- - - - -

Things I love:

Parents riding on the trails with kids riding. I'll yield every time.

Air.

Berms.

Heat. Keeps the peeps off the trails. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
mud.. heh. One of the trails I take on a regular basis had 4 spots that were under water a few weeks ago. I went to slow trying not to get soaked on the worst part and came to a dead stop in the water.

I hate riding for an hour with wet shoes.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
One of the main trails in our area is officially called "Spider Kingdom" and our local club's jersey design has got a big spider on it. And the trail lives up to its name. The first rider out there each day for most of the year is going to eat a bunch of webs.

I did a nice endo once when I hit a web, pulled my right hand off the bar to swipe away a big golden orb spider that was on its web and now stuck to my bars--and dropping toward my right thigh. I assume I must have inadvertently grabbed a handful of front brake with the left hand because I was over before I knew what happened and still frantically trying to find the spider and get it off of me. (I never found it, and was damn glad I was riding alone and there were no cameras around. I'd probably have made youtube on that one).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.