Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I even saw two bobcats. One of them was the thickness and size of a medium pitbull. The large one stay in front of me on the singletrack for about 10 seconds... this made the ride even more special. Sorry I could not get my phone/camera out in time to take a pic of the bobcats so you all will just have to believe me ;)

These pics were taken from my new Treo smartphone.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
scheckler said:
I even saw two bobcats. One of them was the thickness and size of a medium pitbull. The large one stay in front of me on the single track for about 10 seconds... this made the ride even more special. Sorry I could not get my phone/camera out in time to take a pic of the bobcats so you all will just have to believe me ;)

These pics were taken from my new Treo smartphone.
Was this at Wilder?

·
Registered
239 Posts
scheckler said:
it was. That single track pic is at the junction of Wilder Ranch Loop. I saw the bobcats about 50 feet up that trail.
I knew that looked familiar. Very cool. There are a lot of cats up there. The larger variety too!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had numerous

COMMITTED said:
I knew that looked familiar. Very cool. There are a lot of cats up there. The larger variety too!
encounters with bobcats in Wilder. I have only seen one of the"larger variety" once. I am impressed that you could tell where the pics were from, COMMITTED. You have a good "eye" for detail :)

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
scheckler said:
encounters with bobcats in Wilder. I have only seen one of the"larger variety" once. I am impressed that you could tell where the pics were from, COMMITTED. You have a good "eye" for detail :)
The bigger cats are wandering the fireroads at Wilder, never seen them on the singletrack. Mostly see smaller variety in Nisene Marks, like today. None of them hold still enough for a photo.
Dan C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.