Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great weekend of riding with Friends. Conditions were cool but the trails were in great shape. Lots of fun to be had.

These videos were really fun to make. They are long. The first one is five minutes long and the second one is about 11 minutes.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sit back crack a cold one and enjoy. Should come in handy with the upcoming snowstorm.

MH 3.5.11 from Jaydude on Vimeo.

K-52 from Jaydude on Vimeo.

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
Very Nice

Funny to see how we all rode past the camera, little more light and that would have been perfect. Certainly enjoyed the day, hopefully this storm is just a quick one so we can ride again soon.

You are right about the distance, you really need to be close for the camera to pick up detail, like the seat post mount and the chest mount, don't thinks you even need the helmet anymore.

Thanks Jay

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
That's the best chesty mount footage (the second video) that you've taken yet Jay! I'm surprized at how close you need to be to the rider ahead for the video to look good--I'll try to keep pace a little better next time. Thanks for all the work to render and edit that!

Cheers,
K

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
hitechredneck said:
Stupid iPhone won't let me watch them, 6 hours till I get off is a long time
That is because Jay had to go use Vimeo instead of Youtube. my phone is the same way. Luckily I'm at a computer. Good videos. Still hoping my wrist heals quickly. I am not wearing the brace anymore, so I guess that is good. Still don't think I can ride for awhile though. Hopefully you guys can get out soon.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Was looking forward to the footage at the end of the MH ride, not any good? Nice vids tho, the AFA one really showed how fast/flowy the descent off Stanley canyon is, love that section.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe: Every ride so far with the camera has been gloomy. Maybe a sunny ride is in the near future. Also I hope you dont mind but hunter has been elected as the unofficial mascot of Laughing Lab Productions

K: Dont think it was you not keeping close to the camera, it was a case of me trying just to keep up. You were rockin that day and it cracks me up to watch you spin out on the vid. Are those cranks sub 175mm?

HTek: Hold your horses the video is worth the wait. I havent found the clip of me endoing yet but will post when I find also looked for the ghost rock and could not see that either. .

bismirle: Heel up and rest that wrist. no need to push it.

Krchi: Thanks! Im with Rick when are you commin out to ride?

rroder: your right that last 20 min of the ride was really flowy and deserves to be posted. Ill get it up on Vimeo.

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
I blew out both knees skiing on Sunday...Doc says season is over. :mad:

I'll probably be biking before skiing again though...

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
kchri said:
I blew out both knees skiing on Sunday...Doc says season is over. :mad:

I'll probably be biking before skiing again though...
Yikes Kurt!!! Do you have a doc you love? If not, I'd highly recommend Mahoney--he did my knee and he is a true artist--he did a beautiful job. I was riding SoMo in Phoenix within 3 months of the surgery--you'll be in good form by mid summer at least.

Heal quick vibes!!!
K

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Jaydude said:
rroder.

Here it is. This one looks good too. Had to keep the Zeppelin theme going.
Thanks for the concern guys! Like I told the Doc, I heal fast. Already able to walk way better after two days. I really miss riding MH and with you guys. Thanks the vicarious vids... (that would make a good soundtrack Jay!)

The videos just cannot convey how technical most of the riding actually is, how dangerous it is, or how steep it is. The chest mount does give a much better perspective than the helmet though. Maybe IMax...?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.