Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the author of "Mountain Biking the Mendocino Coast and Beyond", I will offer two days of guiding in the JDSF w/up to 25 miles/day to the first five individuals who donate $250 or more to "Save the Jackson'' and the MendocinoTrailStewards.org campaign. A weekend date will be determined once we receive five donations.

This is what to expect and more (Photo credit: Saris Mercanti -IBIS):
Bicycle Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

If this is a successful fundraising, I will have a second weekend to guide another five grateful folks. We will hit some of the best uphill/downhill riding in the country. Plus, a first hand look at how our forest has been mismanaged.

An example:
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree

I want visitors to see what we hold near and dear in our hearts without getting lost or constantly looking at Trail-Forks for directions! The preservation of the JDSF as a forest Reserve is worth fighting for!

Please footnote your donation to say: "$250 or more donated for two days of guiding in the JDSF!"

To send a TAX deductible donation see:
Contact & Donate - MTS Newsletter for Jackson Forest Users (mendocinotrailstewards.org)

Thank you,
Roo Harris
Little River, CA

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Due to the fact I have been informed by CAL-Fire the need to be permitted for this guiding event, I am now canceling the opportunity for such an event. It is too costly to obtain a permit w/ $100 application fee, a $400 fee for a two day event w/ 0 to 50 people and proof of $1,000,000 insurance naming CAL-FIRE for it's protection. This would eat into the bulk of what we have raised. If I do not comply, I am threatened with a citation. I am therefore rescinding this offer. I will be refunding the donations in the immediate future.

Thank you all for your support in our quest to preserve Jackson Demonstration State Forest.

Roo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.