Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very strange in that my bikes must be from the same co? My old Intenses are in need of replacement and I need new rides. Please give me your opinion on which combo is the best overall, with money being no object (I've got a suga-momma). I'm ranking these in order of my preference, but your opinions will definitely help as I've only ridden a V10 (close to m3) and Demo 9 (also rode a Cuervo around the parking lot once, which doesn't count).

El Cuervo-X-5 (w/ 6 in rockers maybe?)
Demo 8/9-SX Trail
DHR-5 Spot (or 6-pack maybe?)
M3-5.5
V10-Blur

Thanks for the input.

· I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
Demo 8 Pro/ Enduro SX or regular enduro. Skip the sx trail because its more of a freeride bike and will feel more similar to the demo.

· Registered
334 Posts
twistagrip said:
I'm very strange in that my bikes must be from the same co? My old Intenses are in need of replacement and I need new rides. Please give me your opinion on which combo is the best overall, with money being no object (I've got a suga-momma). I'm ranking these in order of my preference, but your opinions will definitely help as I've only ridden a V10 (close to m3) and Demo 9 (also rode a Cuervo around the parking lot once, which doesn't count).

Demo 8/9-SX Trail
M3-5.5
V10-Blur

Thanks for the input.
Hands Down...

IronHorse Sunday and a MarkIII

I have a Hollowpoint and a 7Point7 and couldn't be happier.
Also a V-10, but If I didn't have the v-10, a Sunday and a MarkIII would be my choice.

· Registered
895 Posts
twistagrip said:

Demo 8/9-SX Trail
M3-5.5
V10-Blur

Thanks for the input.
you're strange

· Registered
856 Posts
twistagrip said:

Demo 8/9-SX Trail
M3-5.5
V10-Blur

Thanks for the input.
Just a note, you may want to look into the Blur LT as well, since the "classic Blur" will not be around much longer (being replaced by the 3 newer Blurs). The BLT is more in the range of the other trialbikes you have listed. It (like the 5.5) has 5.3 inches of travel.

I am afflicted by the same sickness. I have a VP Free, Blur, and SS Chameleon.

· Registered
404 Posts
M3 and 5.5
or
V10 and Blur.

It's personal preference at that point. Both are VPP bikes which is why I made that choice.
I ride a Uzzi VPX and I just ordered a Tazer VP. I have the sickness too.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BLT huh???

Don't know much about this frame, but I'll check it out. I'd say SC is only on my list for the V10, as the Blur, along with the 5.5, seems way too xc oriented. Even threw around getting a Blur 4x for trail riding, but deciding against it. I've read and been told that the SX trail, 5 spot and X-5 are much more trail/lt fr oriented than the Blur and 5.5, but if this Blur LT is going to be a little burlier (like the 4X), I may have more thinking to do. Is this the case, or are we just getting more travel out of a Blur?

· Custom User Title
719 Posts
twistagrip said:
Don't know much about this frame, but I'll check it out. I'd say SC is only on my list for the V10, as the Blur, along with the 5.5, seems way too xc oriented. Even threw around getting a Blur 4x for trail riding, but deciding against it. I've read and been told that the SX trail, 5 spot and X-5 are much more trail/lt fr oriented than the Blur and 5.5, but if this Blur LT is going to be a little burlier (like the 4X), I may have more thinking to do. Is this the case, or are we just getting more travel out of a Blur?
The LT looks burlier. Look at the head tube.

· Registered
856 Posts
twistagrip said:
Check here for more info:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=89869

· Registered
895 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Because he wants to replace two bikes?

I'd go with the Ventana or Specialized combo.
I think it's pretty strange to only want to buy two bikes from the same manufacturer. Buy what works, don't buy so that your bikes can match, otherwise you might be disappointed with what you end up with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.