Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i have come to the conclusion that i need at least two bikes..because i keep selling my freeride rig to buy a xc/all montain bike, then when i get the xc/allmontain bike i want a full on freerider and sell it to get the all/xc. so I think i am gona buy a Dawg, probably frame and build it up question is what size puppy do i need iam 5'10" 31 inseam.

Advice please?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would look at the 17, maybe the 18. A lot depends on what you feel more comfortable riding. Test ride them both if you can. I am 5' 7" with a 30" inseem and ride the 17. It's probably a wisker bigger than it should be for my size but the 15 was too small for my liking. If Kona built a 16 I probably would have leaned towards that size. The 17 for me is just a bit roomier which I like. Good luck with it...

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
18".
Even though you could get away with the 17" one if you like a more freeridey/compact cockpit.I'm 5'9" and I like the 17" better.It just seems more fun :)

enjoy
Marko

·
Crainius Maximus
282 Posts
I'd say go with the 18". I'm 5'11" w/a 32" inseam and ride a 19" Dawg. It's a bit stretched out and better oriented for XC, which works out well for me because Indiana is pretty darn flat.

I think the 18" should fit you really well - not too cramped, not too stretched out. ;)

-Jordan :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.