Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pizzaiolo Americano
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I hate the Twist lock on my Top Fuel. I would much rather have a push button style. I know I would have to do something with the dropper as well. Do they make a verticle style push button that will lock both shocks?

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
I've got a Fox two-position unit that I'd call an underbar trigger. Kind of like a shifter. It will go on my new TF before I ride it the first time.

I'll report back, but ETA isn't until August 19.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I completely eliminated mine because the under bar plastic fox one in 2017-2018 was made of 3d printed sharp cheddar and lasted 1.7 rides on average. Crown lock on teh fork now and just wide open on the reActiv shock working great for me.

I had a friend use two fox 3 position CTD levers, one on each side, and that worked pretty good for him. More durable and sometimes you only want to lock one out.

·
Pure Evil
75 Posts
The newer Fox underbar lever will work and is much better than their previous attempt. There’s also a RS underbar lever that’s almost identical to the Fox other than a heavier aluminum cover. I too prefer the underbar to the twist lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pizzaiolo Americano
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The newer Fox underbar lever will work and is much better than their previous attempt. There's also a RS underbar lever that's almost identical to the Fox other than a heavier aluminum cover. I too prefer the underbar to the twist lock.

What do I do about the dropper lever? I can't run two underbar style levers on one side.

·
Pure Evil
75 Posts
What do I do about the dropper lever? I can't run two underbar style levers on one side.
Gotta change the dropper lever to an on bar style, like the fox and spec levers, they aren't for everyone... this is why we specd the twist lock. I would personally recommend the Fox Transfer lever.

·
Registered
21 Rocky Mountain, GT LaBomba DJ
356 Posts
TwistLoc Removed Set-up

Here is how mine was set-up after having two TwistLoc's fail. The vertical/top one is from Fox for the dropper and the horizontal/bottom is the Fox remote for locking out the suspension.
Iron Coquelicot Carbon Cylinder Machine

·
Registered
21 Rocky Mountain, GT LaBomba DJ
356 Posts
I like that set up! Looks like what I am looking for. Where are you stationed?
It was pretty easy and allowed me to move the lockout remote more out of the way since it isn't used as much as the dropper remote. I actually left active duty in 2006 after 12 years but still work for the DoD back home in Birmingham, AL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went to regular seat post and looking for replacement for SRAM twist shift on my new 2020 Topfuel. Can I use scott twinloc and convert to 3 position lock out for front and back? If so, would there be anything needed besides the twinloc or any maintenance? I thinking nothing else would be needed as long as it is push to lock than I should be good.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
Went to regular seat post and looking for replacement for SRAM twist shift on my new 2020 Topfuel. Can I use scott twinloc and convert to 3 position lock out for front and back? If so, would there be anything needed besides the twinloc or any maintenance? I thinking nothing else would be needed as long as it is push to lock than I should be good.
The Fox fork on the 2020 Top Fuel is two-position. "Locked" or not, so a 3-position remote is not necessary.

I just went with the Fox two-position remote trigger. So far, so good, since August.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I understand that but if you look on fox website at that particular fork shows both a 2 position remote or 3 position manual so I’m wondering if they have different internals or if it’s the same internals and you could do either 2 or 3 position with a remote.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Bontrager Droplock remote

Trek has released an under bar dual suspension lock out + dropper post remote. It has two levers: The top lever is push to lock, push again to unlock and can activate one or two lockouts. The lower lever is removable and activates the the dropper post like any other dropper remote. Retail is $120. Your Trek dealer can order it for you. I'm not sure why there is no mention of it anywhere outside of their dealer site since it doesn't appear to be under embargo or anything. It seems like a great solution if you want to replace your twist lock or other remote lock out while still running a dropper remote under the bar.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Trek has released an under bar dual suspension lock out + dropper post remote. It has two levers: The top lever is push to lock, push again to unlock and can activate one or two lockouts. The lower lever is removable and activates the the dropper post like any other dropper remote. Retail is $120. Your Trek dealer can order it for you. I'm not sure why there is no mention of it anywhere outside of their dealer site since it doesn't appear to be under embargo or anything. It seems like a great solution if you want to replace your twist lock or other remote lock out while still running a dropper remote under the bar.
Pic?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.