Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the parts to finish Flux # 2. Not identical but definantly twins! SWEEET!!
Twin#1 24.2 without CO2 canister & Twin #2 23.9 :thumbsup: Thought I would save a little more weight with the R7 but just not the case.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Very cool. Great looking bikes and excellent weights. My large weighs in at 27lbs.

I hope that R7 works out for you. We didn't have a very positive experience with an 06 R7 last year on the mrs. blur xc. She ditched it for an F100RLT. I heard they improved the R7 for this year though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cowDawg said:
Very cool. Great looking bikes and excellent weights. My large weighs in at 27lbs.

I hope that R7 works out for you. We didn't have a very positive experience with an 06 R7 last year on the mrs. blur xc. She ditched it for an F100RLT. I heard they improved the R7 for this year though.
I had an 06 R7 on a Specialized Epic Marathon and liked it fairly well. It took me quite a while to get the pressures right but I'm a little ahead of the curve on this one hopefully. I just got a great deal on it and couldn't afford another F100X. Plus I thought the published weights made the R7 a little lighter. I was in hopes of dropping 1/2 lb, but not so.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
lemme guess...

The "heavy" one is for FR/DH riding and the light one is for the XC days? :thumbsup: Sweet rides.

I thought my "light" Spot and a 5.5 SPack overlapped a bit ... but you definitely have me beat. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
techFiend said:
Nice, nice bikes..

That's quite a few spacers and a lot of seatpost showing. Um.. correct frame size?
These are dedicated race bikes and I have a weird body. At 5' 10" my torso is a little short compaired to my legs, but arms a long. I am right on the border between medium and large and I always like a little more nimble frame so I chose the medium. Years of moto cross as a kid has fried my lower lumbars so I put extra spacers in to sit me up a little more.

That's what happens when you get old, just turned 47 last week and the body just isn't a flexible as it used to be. I'd say I am just trying to relive the glory days, but I never had any to begin with.

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
let me get this straight...

arc angel adventures said:
These are dedicated race bikes.
not that there is anything wrong with owning 2 turners, but, the 23.9 one is for xc racing, right? so whats the +0.3 lbs. one for?

just jealous, my flux must be at least +2.0 lbs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PSI said:
not that there is anything wrong with owning 2 turners, but, the 23.9 one is for xc racing, right? so whats the +0.3 lbs. one for?

Just my heavy old beater bike!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PSI said:

Dang it, I'm breakin the 24 lb barrier on Flux II. Just ordered some Mavic SL's and Maxxis 1.9's to drop some weight.

I'm now on a mission!:madman:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Official color

Arc,
Your bikes are beautiful! What is the official color of the frames? I see "candy blue" on the Turner site and "stock blue" or "dark blue" on other sites. I want to make sure that I get the right color and can't find one locally to look at. Also is there any metallic sparkle in the paint or is it flat?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark54 said:
Arc,
Your bikes are beautiful! What is the official color of the frames? I see "candy blue" on the Turner site and "stock blue" or "dark blue" on other sites. I want to make sure that I get the right color and can't find one locally to look at. Also is there any metallic sparkle in the paint or is it flat?
Candy Blue! No metallic flakes just real glossy.

Hope you can find one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
WOW!!! Very nice pair of FLUX. Now i know what my Spot will look like after i finish my project. Going to change my Full XTR to SRAM / FSA also. Ofcourse, BLUE SPOT!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts