1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just read about it on their site. I was looking forward to the 8x12 series as an introduction into racing and I already have a few conflicts (canoe trips), but this seems really fun.

I've been looking into buying a headlamp for a while now, so I guess this is a good excuse.

·
Gears, beers and slices..
316 Posts
I've always wonderred why there aren't more races like that. There was a night race a few years ago up north, but unfortunately I haven't heard about it happening the last few years.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The later start time will allow riders that could not make the 6:30 start time due to working late or being a distance from downtown St. Catharines to participate in the series.

Also, I don't doubt that it will motivate more riders to make lighting purchases.

I'd also expect it to shift the demographic and shrink the numbers a little bit - which might have some positive effects.

It is downtown St. Catharines though, so I hope there are not too many "vampires" out to sabotage things for a good group of people.

·
xx = xtr²
147 Posts
zedfoto said:
Even though I know those trails like the back of my hand I am foreseeing several tree encounters.
You'd be surprised, with a good lamp you can go pretty fast. My average speed is often higer at night on a lot of very technical and non technical trails.

·
*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
854 Posts
The LIB! 8x12 Race Series is done... long live the LIB! Twilight.

Should be a very interesting race series.

·
Rides like a girl
389 Posts
2WD said:
Are Bella and Edward going to be there??
All seriousness aside, I am looking forward to this race series - it will be a great way to spend a Friday night!!

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
Thats cool, i hope its a success, those guys at Liberty are awesome.

Too bad I find riding at night to be extremely unfulfilling.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Dang, I was actually planning on doing the 8X12 this year. Fridays are out for me though which is a shame 'cause this looks like loads of fun. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts