Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i look out the window (golden) and watch the falling snow, i'm reminded what month/season it really is...

hard to believe i was riding bergen peak just 48 hours ago, wearing shorts at 9,600 feet at the end of november!

climbed up too long and the trail was bone dry... all the way until the scenic view spot, then encountered non-contiguous sections of snow (er, ice). my first time up there, and really enjoyed the ride down too (me likey the technical switchbacks... mmm, mmm, good). :ihih:

only a few pix this time out:

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Mountain biking Downhill mountain biking

Nature Vegetation Mountainous landforms Highland Cloud

Vegetation Nature Natural environment Plant community Tree

Winter Snow Freezing Signage Forest

Winter Geological phenomenon Freezing Snow Forest

see you next spring, bergen peak. ;)

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Somehow I don't think this is going to last very long. While you may not get another chance to ride at that elevation until summer, I don't think you're going to suffer for lack of riding this month.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guyechka said:
I don't think you're going to suffer for lack of riding this month.
indeed, not if i have anything to say about it. ;)

tomorrow's high is forecasted at 17 (
), but seeing as thursday is my brrrr-thday, you can bet i'll be out somewhere.

any takers?
:D

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,632 Posts
Now:
Areas of light snow will continue to expand south and eastward across the urban corridor and adjacent areas through 430 PM. Heavier snowfall can be expected across southern Larimer and northwest Weld County...especially from Berthoud to Greeley and points northard to the Wyoming border. Snowfall in the heavier snow will be up to an inch per hour. Elsewhere...snowfall will be under a quarter of an inch per hour over grassy surfaces.

Looks like it won't be too bad...

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
high temp forecast for longmont: 13F

i figure it'll be single digits tomorrow morning when riding home from work. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
mtbdirteater said:
Time to put the studded Nokian snow tires on when I get home.:D

Dave
And I thought I was crazy... for riding to work and back Mon.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
This one isn't going to melt the next day. I agree with terry, this amount of snow AND the fact that the temps don't get into the 40's on any ten day forecast SUCKS.

I'm building up some new spike-tires! Regardless, Urban season is upon us. TRIALS!

·
Registered
911 Posts
thanx

I'll have to take you up on that sometime. Managed to get out to the Cherry Creak trails tuesday...man I'm outta shape and my timing is WAAAAAYYYY off, so it's probably not a bad thing that the hills are closed down for a little while. Though C Cone sounds like what I need. Heres hoping it'll be ridable soon.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
screamingbunny said:
I'll have to take you up on that sometime. Managed to get out to the Cherry Creak trails tuesday...man I'm outta shape and my timing is WAAAAAYYYY off, so it's probably not a bad thing that the hills are closed down for a little while. Though C Cone sounds like what I need. Heres hoping it'll be ridable soon.
If ya don't get out there tomorrow, you may as well wait to February!

·
Goofing off?
441 Posts
It's dirt jumping season. Good time to build and ride. If it is cold, wear layers and take them off as you heat up. Besides the spots in Boulder and Lake Arbor, I am sure everyone has their own secret area as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts