Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We caught a nice 5-hour window without rain in Fruita today. Everyone had a great time. We look forward to more fun in Fruita and Moab over the next few days. Pictures today are from the Kokopelli trails. BTW, not only does Fruita have great riding but the food and beer at Hot Tomato Cafe also rock!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
CC - you'll need a highline1st.......

seriously trail looks like it has great flow......i need to get my ar$e to CO and UT

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Some amazing geology there, I'm really jealous that you get to ride it whenever you like. Nice pics, and nice new bike!

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
Great pictures and very sweet trails out there.
Honestly I never have thought that a raw frame can look that good.:thumbsup:
Nice Spot you got there.

Later
RaD

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,160 Posts
Cool pics, Monkey Butt!! Looks like you and Andi are having a blast. What's been the highlight/lowlight thus far? Keep the images coming! I'm very envious.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Looks familiar - glad the weather and temps are cooperating for you. Those pacelines look pretty "roadie".

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Great shots, what sweet singletrack! Great stuff to just motor around, have fun and enjoy the scenery, what biking is all about.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Thought you guys might like Fruita! Who else is out there??

You missed out on a great Noble ride! Glad to hear you guys are having a good time, despite the freezing-ness.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Day 3 - Lion's Loop, Troy Built, Mack Ridge

What a difference a day makes. The sun was out and temps were 30 degrees warmer (normal average temp). It felt good to sweat for a change. We didn't really see anyone today (must be Monday).

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CC - The Spot is working out perfectly. I came off a Classic Blur and I'm finding the Spot climbs better and descending is like wearing a Superman suit. This bike is so much more stable than my Blur ever was.

Waterboy - Highlights: On vacation and riding 8-9 days in a row. Having the new Spot to take on vacation and the bike exceeding expectations. Cooperative weather that kept us dry even though the forecast the last two days was doom and gloom. Riding trails that have beautiful scenery and amazing flow. Post ride...Hot Tomato Cafe and New Belgium Sunshine beer.
Lowlights: Andi's Spot not ready for this roadtrip. Spreading Stinky dog's ashes and making me miss the heck out of her. Legs giving out before the heart.

aword4you - Saw the Noble pictures, looked like a great time. We met up with Todd, Angie, Tony and Craig on the second half of their Moab/Fruita vacation. They left this morning heading home. We've been seeing so many 29ers out here and keep thinking about you guys.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Gawd those pix are slaying me.
Man, what beautiful riding.
Add me to the envy list.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Excellent! Your trip looks fantastic. I'm really jealous. Last time we were there we didn't do 18 road, but for sure next time. My body's not really cooperating with me at the moment for all dayers so it kills me to see all the fun (I'm not having). Thanks for posting the pics and sharing the passion.

Julee

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As requested - A few more photos

Not only does Fruita have beautiful scenery and singletrack, but there is plenty of climbing and chunk factor if that's your thing (HucklerMark, DirtyD and Waterboy).

PS Julee, Sorry to hear you're just feeling ok. Hope the photos help.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts