Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went riding last Saturday and got caught out by the rain, which fortunately does not happen too often. Kind of upset one of my riding buddies, a US airforce weather forcaster who had assured of of a day of unbroken sunshine. oh well.

Saw some stange guys in the woods. The first guy was just standing there, taking a break from riding. He didn't even acknowledge us and seemed to off in his own little world, staring into space. Clearly some kind of stoner.

Went through a whole wastland of abandoned houses. Pretty much a ghost village. Probably being leveled for a golf course. Riding in and out of the houses made a nice variation from the usual singletrack though.

There was another guy out there. Maybe not too happy to see mountain bikers on "his' hill as he greeted us with a fairly wooden expression.

Found a really nice 8km stretch of singletrack that was mostly down with a few climbs at the start. Shame about the weather here as the track was fairly fast, non-technical and empty of hikers, but the soggy conditions had us taking it quite cautiously. In a country the size of Indiana with 50,000,000 people you can't afford to go damaging the tracks.

Attachments

·
Bon Vie
624 Posts
Hey Duncan, love the shot of the Turner in the woods/mist. Must be incredible riding in an area with so much visible history around each corner. Your pics are a welcome addition.

peace.............

Kevin

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
Must have been some good shiznit that guy was on to be staring off into space like that.
California IS exotic!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tscheezy said:
Hey, nice pics. Didja get your Juicy issues sorted out?
Not yet, but once I get my hands on a brevel I'll give it a go. That is to say I'll find a bike mechanic who has a brevelator and get him to sort it out while I wander around his shop drinking coffee.

Just today the above-mentioned airforce guy upgraded to Juicy 7s with round rotors. I'm curious to see how much noise he is going to get. One of my biking friends is the Avid and SRAM distributor here in Korea so I could just pick up some round rotors very cheap if breveling does not work. Anyway, the noise tends to go away once the rotors have warmed up a bit.

It is kind of a novel experience mountain biking in South Korea of all places. Still, I'd love to have a chance to go biking in North America some day. My only experience in the States was riding my Kona around Manhattan, Central Park and bits of the NJ waterfront about 4 years ago.

Cheers guys,

Duncan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.