Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cask conditioned
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been watching every stage of the TDF so far and I just realized I've been riding my road bike more than my mtb. I know that after this weekend my road bike will once again sit on it's bike rack for another year, but just in case I can't stop riding it by the middle of next week, (don't get me wrong, roadie-ing is a blast), can someone knock some sense into me and get me back on some dirt? Thank you.

BTW, before I bought a road bike I took my XCE to France and climbed the Alpe d'Huez with 2.3 tires and dragging discs and still managed to pass 3 roadies. :D

·
jra
423 Posts
endo verendo said:
Ok, I've been watching every stage of the TDF so far and I just realized I've been riding my road bike more than my mtb. I know that after this weekend my road bike will once again sit on it's bike rack for another year, but just in case I can't stop riding it by the middle of next week, (don't get me wrong, roadie-ing is a blast), can someone knock some sense into me and get me back on some dirt? Thank you.

BTW, before I bought a road bike I took my XCE to France and climbed the Alpe d'Huez with 2.3 tires and dragging discs and still managed to pass 3 roadies. :D
Sorry mate, no help here. Varying the two wheel pedalling machines keeps it all interesting IMHO. Cyclocross, SSing, fixed-gear, whatever - it's all good.

FWIW, one of my co-workers mentioned getting passed by some friendly dude on a dually last summer on that climb before he did Paris-Brest-Paris. Keep in mind though, he's almost 60 years old and loves his granny gear. :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about this?

can someone knock some sense into me and get me back on some dirt?
Mmm, istn't it (her) inspiring? Too bad she's not on her DHR in this picture.

I've been watching every single stage of the Tour (no wonder now I'm overwhelmed by workload) and all I can say is that Lance is not from this planet. I mean, no one can beat him, not on this Tour. Did you see what he did yesterday? I was absolutely positive he would NEVER ever catch Andreas Klöden, and he did in the final INCHES!!! AWSOME. I can't blame you, now I want to ride a road bike (well, that will have to wait; tomorrow's saturday, trail time!).

Seriously, just hop on your bike once and you'll remember how much you love her.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
endo verendo said:
Just curious, how much time did it take you?

·
cask conditioned
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blackjack843 said:
Just curious, how much time did it take you?
Around 37 minutes. I was slowed down a bit by some Germans spitting on me, but I managed to catch up to and pass the Italian guy who started ahead of me. I was too tired to pop a wheelie at the top. (And then I woke up. I don't remember the exact time, but it was over an hour. Maybe 1:20 after stopping for pics.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.