Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Even though I would rather have a 120mm FS bike......I like the XL numbers. This frame has been placed on my short list which at this time only has one frame on it.

Is the burner a 125mm bike or a 140mm bike?

The web-site says both!

Turner Bikes - Bike Models

It is now fixed. 140mm bike. Man, makes me think the 5-spots days are numbered....

·
Kiwi that Flew
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Burner in 140mm travel.
2012 - 5.Spot was $2495 for an anodised frame and $50 cheaper for a raw frame. (Think this may have been for a Float shock??)
2013 - 5.Spot is $2195+150kashima+250anodised = $2595 (still made in USA)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Question for Turner:

I see there are new colours for the 5 spot. What will happen to orders already placed for the "old" colours, say orange?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Burner in 140mm travel.
2012 - 5.Spot was $2495 for an anodised frame and $50 cheaper for a raw frame. (Think this may have been for a Float shock??)
2013 - 5.Spot is $2195+150kashima+250anodised = $2595 (still made in USA)
Man, they are a lot cheaper. I assume they are made at Xen? The big question is if the Burner is enough of an upgrade to trade in my 2011 Spot? Wife would kill me...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I love how these bikes look and the list of components they have. However, as much as I would love to support the economy and buy from these guys (in US), their prices are a little too high for me.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Flux

We have less than 20 Flux left, contact [email protected] or myself and we will check to see if we have a size and color you want. I just grabbed the last small black Flux for my daughter! It is such a fun bike, too bad the market did not think so.

DT

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I love how these bikes look and the list of components they have. However, as much as I would love to support the economy and buy from these guys (in US), their prices are a little too high for me.
Yeah, it would be nice if there was a low end US frame maker. As far as Turners go, I believe their prices are fair for what you are getting. The fact that they were able to lower prices while keeping production in the US is noteworthy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It is a shame that a bike like the Flux did not garner the sales it deserved. The recognition was there - all excellent reviews and it has been the best frame I have ridden. That said, I am parting with my new frame and waiting on Fox to roll out a 650b 120mm xc fork to start the Flux 275 evolution.

The Flux is just too good not to return in some form.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
One more step closer to direct sales only - just need build kits, dropper posts, hammer gels, and you're there!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.