Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to Hemet, CA for a week in December.

I think Hemet is near Temecula. Is that correct?

Does any one know if Turner has demo bikes that can be taken out for a test spin in the dirt?

Since I am in the area I would love to take a Sultan for a spin, and possibly an xxl spot or RFX.

I am 5'20" tall, so these bikes are on my dream list.

Thanks,
bigE

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
hemett is about a hour away unless ya get crap directions like i did, then its closer to 3 hours. bring a map and dont trust crack head quasi-relatives on cell phones or 4 cyl rental pt cruisers to make it up the hills when in the 85 mph traffic flow between murietta and san diego.

call ahead and see whats up. sometimes ya get lucky but not lucky enough to ride a '09 rfx. its not even designed yet much less built.

xxl's may be tough but its worth a call. 5' 20".... good to have ya on the turner forum shaq!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I will send Turner an email.

Shaq is quite a bit taller then I am. I think he is 7'4" so he has a good 8 inches on me.

In the bike world I am a bit of a Shaq.

The xxl turners have a long top tube and that is what I need. I feel lucky to be so tall. It makes it easier to justify why I can't just go buy an off the shelf bike.

bigE

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i like how ya think! at 5' 9", whats my excuse for 5 turners? none.

dont forget yer crack pipe and tell the gang i said hi. good luck with the xxl loaner. oh, thats why its good to be short! i get to ride dt's bike when i go out there. i know dt had a xl sultan he loaned aqua long term and hes a friggin giant. maybe thatll work in a pinch.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts