Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this dream ever become reality?
DT said: "If I were really really going to hammer out the miles on a single speed, it would be the absolute lightest, crazy assed flying machine possible. Period. I will use mine to rip the local rolling park after work, and the sex appeal of steel is what I crave."

So the 29er crowd got their Sultan. When will the SSers get their fix? I need a 3rd Turner for my winter training. What would it be called anyway?

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cutthroat said:
So the 29er crowd got their Sultan. When will the SSers get their fix?
yeah...and what about a women's specific bike too??? ano powder pink??? that would be so cool! :thumbsup::yesnod:

too bad i'm too tall, and have freakishly long legs and arms...and hate powder pink! :rolleyes: dammit...:madman:

:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've seen pictures of a Nitrous SS in the Turner Shop, so I know that exists (I think it was a Nitrous). What's wrong with a suspension road bike? There's nothing wrong with taking the occasional dirt road.;)

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harriet - I think you mean "Tomboy specific" design.;)
I've always been a little suspicious of the whole WSD concept - really it's more like shorter stem, fatter grips, wider saddle with more gel and 165mm cranks. Nothing you can't wrench yourself at home.
A SS Nitrous wouldn't really fit the bill unless DT had some made out of Reynolds 853, OX, or 631. SS demands steel or Ti IMO.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FoShizzle said:
single speeding is ghey
How's your "budget" $1,000 fully rigid build coming anyway? Go Monocog until DT gets his fabrication done..

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cutthroat said:
How's your "budget" $1,000 fully rigid build coming anyway? Go Monocog until DT gets his fabrication done..
i hear he's right on track with his $10,000 budget! :D

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cutthroat said:
Harriet - I think you mean "Tomboy specific" design.;)
except then powder pink would never fly! :nono:
I've always been a little suspicious of the whole WSD concept - really it's more like shorter stem, fatter grips, wider saddle with more gel and 165mm cranks. Nothing you can't wrench yourself at home.
yeah...it's the 'lets PC it pink but then putt crappier components on it than the reg version, and charge a couple hundred more' concept. very clever! :rolleyes:
bugs me about as much as this jersey:incazzato:

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Okay, dH. That jersey is quite ghey. SO ghey if fact, that it is ghey-mazingly ghey...

I wouldn't mind getting my little hands on a Nitrous for some nice XC stuff though...yum! :D

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
su.ling~ said:
Okay, dH. That jersey is quite ghey. SO ghey if fact, that it is ghey-mazingly ghey...
:lol: i believe that's the best description of that jersey that i've ever heard! :thumbsup::D

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
su.ling~ Okay, dH. That jersey is quite ghey. SO ghey if fact, that it is ghey-mazingly ghey...

I wouldn't mind getting my little hands on a Nitrous for some nice XC stuff though...yum! :D
i believe that's the best description of that jersey that i've ever heard! :thumbsup::D
I believe they would scub up a little better with both of you wearing em:p

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
trailadvent said:
I believe they would scub up a little better with both of you wearing em:p
um...i think it's pretty clear that it will never happen :nono:
which part of 'ghey-mazingly ghey' don't you understand??? :confused:
but i think you'd look mighty fabulous in one! it'd really go nicely with the camo! :D:p

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
I think I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.:ciappa:

The mud at Riverhead is calling.
All good KR:thumbsup: RH be careful SLIPPERY WHEN WET

We pumped Mur a wai 2 day was awesome arghh nearly 5hrs of dropping in sheesh was humid though the beach was very inviting plus while it rained everywhere else we had dry dry dry ya might want to rock over there 2morrow I have some pix coming ltr:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
dHarriet said:
yeah...and what about a women's specific bike too??? ano powder pink??? that would be so cool! :thumbsup::yesnod:
:D
They make a women's specific flux in like Small, so you would have to put two together . . .:eek:

And I'm sure you could get pink if you begged enough :D :D :D

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Random Drivel said:
They make a women's specific flux in like Small, so you would have to put two together . . .:eek:

And I'm sure you could get pink if you begged enough :D :D :D
Pink is okay if it is the right pink...It cannot be dog-peeter pink, or flat pink nor purple-ish pink or light pink. It must have the right shade and luminescence to it. It has to be Hawt Pink. :thumbsup:

ugh...Pink is such a ghey word if you think about it too long. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.