Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
tg said:
Anyone hear any talk of DT doing a turner road bike?.... ever? Would be kinda cool :)
It would be cool, but I doubt it will happen. I remember this question coming up a year or two ago and I think DT himself said something to the effect that the name of his company includes the words Suspension Bicycles.

EDIT: I see Tappoix already hit the nail on the head.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
it can't happen :nono:...have you seen pictures of the homers??? these are not people who would look good in head to toe color-coordinated lycra! :eek::p

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
Road Bike

I asked DT for a road bike in my email, "christmas wish list" and he replied he had "a Ridley, no need for another at the time!"

So you decide what that means.

~Db

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
likes to use? damn man, im committed to the stuff. i get a sunburn if i watch a hour of surfin on tv.

odus is great. he and layla were beside themselves to come inside and play with the new toys i got them a few days ago when i got home just now. so far the fire hose toy (no bad intent here harry) and the "9 out of 10 on the tough scale" soft bone toy have held up to layla and her nuclear teeth. its been 3 days now and they have both surpassed any other attempt at a soft toy by... lemme do some math.... 3 days.

in the time it took me to type this, theyve both fallen asleep in their respective places. odus on the couch and layla on the floor beside me. musta been a big day in the back yard. im sure theyd send reguards if they hadnt gone down.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
dHarriet said:
it can't happen :nono:...have you seen pictures of the homers??? these are not people who would look good in head to toe color-coordinated lycra! :eek::p
Back in my roadie days Lycra wasn't even invented! We had a whole different style.

Attachments

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
finish sprint to the margarita bar? good plan racin the trike. in those days there wsnt any sag and we had to ride back home after the "awards".

edit: is that a exauhst fan? good call!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Turner Road Bike?

Anyone hear any talk of DT doing a turner road bike?.... ever? Would be kinda cool :)
Im not sure if this is for real or a troll:confused:

But i'll give my 2c and this is in no way a dis to Ellsworth:eekster:

But I hopefully don't want to see Turner going down the same road as Ellsworth, I would like to see DT keep doing what he does best build and refine his core products not go after clouds in the sky esspecially when there are already many and very competitive road bikes out there.

Turner keeps it simple and simple is success (KISS) but Im sure Turnerbikes and DT already know this:thumbsup:

I'd rather see custom paint jobs maybe some incorporated Push accessories for sale from Turner e.g Rockers, shock updgrades through DT or his resellers direct, higher quality web site and merchandise like tees beanies and beer labels:D etc.

Hay thats only me;)

·
1,316 Posts
trailadvent said:
Turner keeps it simple and simple is success (KISS) but Im sure Turnerbikes and DT already know this:thumbsup:

I'd rather see custom paint jobs maybe some incorporated Push accessories for sale from Turner e.g Rockers, shock updgrades through DT or his resellers direct, higher quality web site and merchandise like tees beanies and beer labels:D etc.

Hay thats only me;)
TA
I totally agree about the keepin it simple. Now I usually dont need to run your post through Babelfish to understand but I go no fuggin clue what tees beanies are.:D And why would you want Turner beer labels, to stick over the label on your favorite beverage???:skep: :shocked: :crazy:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cactuscorn said:
in those days there wsnt any sag
and now you guys are saggy all over the place :eek:...oh how times have changed! :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Roadie

Road racing is getting huge these days. The market is getting bigger especially with more and more people watching the tour every year. It wouldn't surprise me if more MTB company got into it. Although it will be interesting if America's are interested in Basso riding for Discovery.

A little OT, but here is a shot of the roadie racer I'm currently putting together.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
gregz12 said:
A little OT, but here is a shot of the roadie racer I'm currently putting together.
Nice. Now you just need to find some shiny carbon bits to round it out. ;)

Personally I don't really care to see Turner make a road bike any more than I would want to see a Look suspension bike. It would be novel, but probably not the best use of a smallish company's resources.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cactuscorn said:
yer day is commin my dear. oh yes it is. 2 fold, if you will.
2 fold, eh? :)
1. that may be the case...but i take solace in the fact that you'll always be older and saggier! :thumbsup:
2. bring it geezer...bring it! :D
still love me? :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.