Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Noble Canyon from LncNuvue on Vimeo.

Superstock was cool enough to invite me out to Noble to do some shuttling. Needless to say, we had an awesome day of DW Spot dueling. SS is the man - that dude can seriously shred it. He has some more footage including a sick run using my GoPro that you'll probably see later. Enjoy.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Nice. I like that chunky stuff at 5:50

One of these days SS should right a book on maching corners. :thumbsup:

·
striker!
610 Posts
Hey, it was good riding with you. Four runs down Noble the first day was a good amount of riding. On Sunday, Will and I climbed the road and then shuttled one more. I think we got our fill!

I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end. Pretty cool.

S

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
superstock said:
Hey, it was good riding with you. Four runs down Noble the first day was a good amount of riding. On Sunday, Will and I climbed the road and then shuttled one more. I think we got our fill!

I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end. Pretty cool.
S
Nice vid guys! :thumbsup:

I'd love to shuttle Noble but unfortunately my buddies are goaters and will never shuttle noble.

I was going to say the same thing: the vid does not do the chunk justice. Stairway to Hell (AKA, Jackhammer) has really deep crevices with wheel grabber all over. What I have noticed is the higher the camera location is the flatter the trails become. It woud be nice if you could mount the GoPro lower on the helmet. Can't believe you go that fast on a 5 spot through those rocks, though the fast the better, I suppose.

Where is that jump section?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
superstock said:
I can't believe how much the GoPro flattens out the Jackhammer! You would never know those rocks are deep, front wheel grabbers from the vid. I like how the jump section turned out at the end.
The GoPro is definitely disappointing in regards to detail and I think it's a bit too wide angle. Shuttle or climb, 2 more runs on Sunday would have been sweet. Thanks again - that was a good day for sure.

AndyN said:
Music? Chevelle?
Track 1 Built to Spill, Track 2 Chevelle.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
LncNuvue said:
The GoPro is definitely disappointing in regards to detail...
Perhaps the upcoming HD version with 1080P @ 30fps and 720P @ 60 fps will fix that. I do like the wide angle, however.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
Can't believe you go that fast on a 5 spot through those rocks, though the fast the better, I suppose.

Where is that jump section?
My run through wasn't all that fast, respectable but probably not "fast". I enter with good intentions then something usually goes wrong. It's really easy to get backed up. I think SS needs to post up his footage through that section.

I don't think the jump section is part of noble. It runs along the road below the very bottom trail head.

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Just got back from our first ever 2009 Death ride, was amazing. Wooded Hills, Logger, Penny Pines, Indian Creek, Pine Mountain trail, Sunrise HW, Shortcut, BLT, Cemetery , Fire Road & Beer!

Sorry for all the weird trail names, its just what our group calls them. Total ride was 27 miles.

·
striker!
610 Posts
landspeeder

The speed this bike was able to maintain through some of these sections was really quite impressive. This was my first ride on my new DW spot and I felt comfortable on it right away. I don't think I ever hit jackhammer that well on the old spot. The DW just seems to float over the rocky chunk better without getting hung up. Hard pedaling out of turns is very good, the bike really goes. I'll post a more thorough review once I get some more time on it but the first impression was :thumbsup:

Noble Canyon on the Turner DW 5 Spot from superstock on Vimeo.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts