Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Your Best Friend
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see this happen. Any moderators want to get this up and running? I've heard talk but never seen anything. Just a thought.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,932 Posts
check out the FAQ, best of... thread and at the bottom are some archived samples.
No need for a moderator, anyone who wants to start a Turner of the _______ thread can just go for it. We changed the rules and format every time so it's fair game. go for it, TA will help :D

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
This suggestion was made a while back in the monster "decline" thread, but there was lukewarm support. In reviewing the DWL setups, for instance, there seems to be as many new DWL's missing as have been posted in the setup thread stickey. DWL Spot owners are most supportive thus far, Sultinitas next, and Flux contributions last.

Anyhoo, I'll offer to start the DWL Flux and DWL Spot of the Year threads. Sultan cult will have to start that one (need throwdown with Fo's White and JNC's Black).

Before doing so a few suggestions for Homer input here:

1) Create say 5-7 categories and make them an annual award vs monthly. Obvious categories are DWL of each model, plus some others such as Pimp Build, Gnarliest Sled, Old Skool, etc.

2) Anyone can submit their own sled or someone else's. Submission post is 2-3 photos with link to build, preferably on the setups thread, or to separate owner build thread. Hope is to get everyone to post into setups, but as noted above, hasn't necessarily been happening.

3) Whoever wants to start the category thread, speak up with a post so we don't have multiple starters. DWL Spot and Flux OTY threads have been started. Not to be anal, but if we share this effort across a few guys, try to be semi-consistent with submission content ie: #2 above.

What say you?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
it's July. Are we really going to do "_____ of the year" threads? Shouldn't that wait until at least the end of October??

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Ssinga, these are just nominations. We'll do voting poll EOY.

Guess that means you won't be starting the Sultan thread, or submitting your horse? Come on man.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
moosehead said:
Ssinga, these are just nominations. We'll do voting poll EOY.

Guess that means you won't be starting the Sultan thread, or submitting your horse? Come on man.
I still have stock decals!! I can't win TOTY with that crap! Give me a few months to finish up the build. :D

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
SSINGA said:
I still have stock decals!! I can't with TOTY with that crap! Give me a few months to finish up the build. :D
Attaboy. Though you are busted, sneaky baastad.

I'll go ahead and start the DWL Sultan Noms thread, you'll have plenty of time to pimp your ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts