Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dog's best friend
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year we started a thread about a Turner homer meeting this fall. I would like to start this discussion up again. Hopefully we can reach an outcome on a meeting location and date. I believe Tahoe in late September was a popular choice. I'm up for that!

·
Registered Dietitian
1,926 Posts
My vote is for Pisgah...

telebiker said:
Last year we started a thread about a Turner homer meeting this fall. I would like to start this discussion up again. Hopefully we can reach an outcome on a meeting location and date. I believe Tahoe in late September was a popular choice. I'm up for that!
... but I'm probably biased. Maybe a seperate East Coast meeting? :)

Tommy

·
Registered
464 Posts
You're all invited to sunny South Korea. That's if our friends in the North have not turned us into blackened, smouldering nuclear wasteland by then.

The lady below is pondering our collective doom.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
tommyrod74 said:

Tommy
Tommy why not show up for the Forum 88 gathering in Pisgah. I'm going and will be riding my 6-Pack. I'm leaving on a mtb spring megatour in about 1.5 weeks, living out of my truck and riding every day on the way to Pisgah. I'm going up to DC from there to visit family and then to NH to visit more family and then across the great lakes ... upward toward Golden BC and then across to Fernie and then south to home.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Things have changed a lot

telebiker said:
I had kind of tried to get this off the ground late last fall or something, I have become so incredibly busy that I cant continue with any major planning on this get together, by all means someone else have at it. I am short handed employees in the shop and the amount of work is overwhelming at this point. If this gets going and Tahoe is the chosen spot, It would end up being something I would be able to help a little with or attend somewhat, but I doubt I can plan anything more than that. I am however (after just saying how busy I am) going to Moab in a few weeks to dry out, get a breather and of course riding. Hopefully going to Whistler in July if all works out for a business trip (Kona) so to speak..(ya right!). We are having a tremendous winter here in Tahoe as the pictures will show (taken 4 days ago), ....still....., so an early season Tahoe gig would not be a good idea. Anytime along the lines of July or later would be fine as far as snow off the high elevation trails....hopefully....
Keep in mind the MTBR Tahoe gathering is July 7-10, which is the same weekend as the huge Death Ride here in Tahoe, (I will be in Whistler), and the Downieville Classic is July 22-24. Just some events and times you might want to avoid.

Attachments

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
tommyrod74 said:

Tommy
Sounds good to me....Depending on the timing I have a place in Cruso that has 3 bedrooms and a large yard area for camping right on the Davidson River.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
gonzostrike said:
Tommy why not show up for the Forum 88 gathering in Pisgah. I'm going and will be riding my 6-Pack. I'm leaving on a mtb spring megatour in about 1.5 weeks, living out of my truck and riding every day on the way to Pisgah. I'm going up to DC from there to visit family and then to NH to visit more family and then across the great lakes ... upward toward Golden BC and then across to Fernie and then south to home.
Let me know when you'll be in Fernie, and I'll drive out for the day :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.