Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've mentioned this before, but myself and 5 of my buddies are coming over this weekend for a week of riding in Fruita and a bit of Moab thrown in for fun. We're flying out of London (Heathrow) on Friday.

One of us already knows Troy at OTE and a few other locals. Really looking forward to a totally different riding experience, beers, too much food and a whole heap of good times.

Would love to meet anyone from here who might be there; I'll be the one with an eggshell blue complexion and a big grin.

Cheers :)

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
I'm considering heading up saturday night to ride Sunday. I'm trying to recruit Larry/Ventanarama to join me, but his Bruja exploded last night during our ride & I don't think he'll be ready to go by Sat.
Will stay in touch.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That'd be cool

Be good to meet you Squeak and having bought stuff through Larry before, it'd also be great to meet up with him - he's a top fella!

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
tscheezy said:
Now where on earth would Larry be able to find another bike?? If only he knew a dealer...
All he has left now is his SS.
Chamuco: broke & currently disassembled.
Bruja: rear drivetrain completely exploded last night. Lost the chain, cassette, spokes and broke the chainstay. It was ugly.

He could ride my Titus but is 4" taller so that won't work.
Beast is looking at fishies down in the Caribbean so maybe we'll steal his X5 which is sitting in the shop.

But the biggest hurdle of all is the wife & kids :p

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
I will be there and around Moab too, meeting some fools from all over. I will let you know my contact and schedule as it gets closer.

I hope I will have my Burner all tuned and ready to bring along with my Id.

·
Sponsored by Xanax
358 Posts
Deano, make sure to bring a lot of money. The pound is almost 2 to 1 right now with our flailing dollar, you can stock up on bike parts for peanuts.

I used to love to buy bike stuff from some of the UK sites (Sidi Dominators for $99) but EGAD our poor dollar is taking a beating right now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spendy

Well, I've spent quite a lot on this holiday and recent bike UGI, but I did sell a Fox TALAS this evening (bought from Larry at MHC oddly enough) which should cover me for a few purchases - the pound is way stronger than the dollar at the moment - cheap ale and enchiladas for me :)

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
Over The Edge Sports is Turner friendly

We are all on Turners and D.T. himself will be there.
lets ride.I will be working everyday but will have afternoons off.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
KgB said:
I will be working everyday but will have afternoons off.
Keith, make sure you get off on Saturday in time to be at Kevin's at around 4pm. The Annual Barleywine Ride is taking place on the Ribbon with strong, smuggled from Norcal, barleywine loveliness on his lawn post ride.

I'm sure that Scorcher Seb's group of ale sniffers will find their way there, if they know what good beer is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"I'm sure that Scorcher Seb's group of ale sniffers will find their way there, if they know what good beer is."

We do. Seeya there.

Time to pack the hipflask... Laphroaig?

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
lidarman said:
Good, yes! Beer...hmmmm?? Barley "wine" is a better word for that sweet stuff!
"sweet"? All of that time on the Ellsworth board must have caused some severe brain damage.

Bigfoot is a a 90 IBU beer!

Maybe you've been sipping too many whimpy Colorado raspberry beers or something.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
squeak, any details on how the Chamuco and Bruja were crippled?

The Squeaky Wheel said:
All he has left now is his SS.
Chamuco: broke & currently disassembled.
Bruja: rear drivetrain completely exploded last night. Lost the chain, cassette, spokes and broke the chainstay. It was ugly.

He could ride my Titus but is 4" taller so that won't work.
Beast is looking at fishies down in the Caribbean so maybe we'll steal his X5 which is sitting in the shop.

But the biggest hurdle of all is the wife & kids :p

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
The Bruja was the victim of an angry chain. Earlier in the ride he snapped the chain and, in hindsight, we hypothesize that he spliced it a bit too short. A little time later he upshifted and BAM. The RD twisted into a pretzel and took along with it the RD hanger, the part of the chainstay that the hanger bolts onto, the cassette and a few spokes. On the other hand it might have been due to impact with a rock since the trail we were on is quite littered with stones that like to jump out at us and destroy our air sprung light weight weenie bikes. ;)

The Chamuco's demise was a crack in the seattube just above the BB shell. Keep in mind that the Chamuco has had 9 lives and was one of the bikes stolen when some sc$mbag broke into the shop last year. It was recovered when a friend of ours saw some 20 year old hoodlum riding it around town and accosted him. Duh.
We have no idea what that bike was subjected to while it was gone, but Larry and I sure had been beating the snot out of it for the past year or so.
To Ventana's credit, the Chamcuo front triangle has already been replaced, gratis.

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Sean, El Beastro, came across someone riding his Switchblade on a local trail. Sean is big, around 220, and wears full body armor and full facial helmet when riding and the twiggy punk was in no mood to mess with him that day. The funny part is that the punk's friend said "Hey, I thought you just bought that from so&so for $50 the other day." A freakin' SB with a Zoke fork !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think one or two others were not recovered, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.