Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dr. Bike
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got a 2004 Turner DHR with a Romic shock. The shock has a stuck rebound knob and rebounds too quickly. I've been told this was a recurring problem with this shock. Opinions please, do you think I should send it back to Romic (less expensive option) or get a different brand shock? I've also posted this on the "lets talk about shocks" forum. Sorry to be redundant.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
david101372 said:
Hello,
I just got a 2004 Turner DHR with a Romic shock. The shock has a stuck rebound knob and rebounds too quickly. I've been told this was a recurring problem with this shock. Opinions please, do you think I should send it back to Romic (less expensive option) or get a different brand shock? I've also posted this on the "lets talk about shocks" forum. Sorry to be redundant.
One thing to consider is that the '04 DHR won't fit regular piggyback shocks. That definitely limits your choices to a Romic, an Avy, or a Fox with the remote reservoir (you can buy these direct from Turner for like $300 or so).

·
Full grown man
93 Posts
It's easy... 2 simple steps.
1)Throw the Romic in the trashcan.
2) Buy a Fox DHX from Turner.

I've got a DHX on my '04 DHR and love it. The DHX is more adjustable, feels better and more durable than the Romic. I've owned two DHX's and never had a problem, I owned one Romic and it was nothing but problems.
My $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.