Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to pull the trigger and buy A 5 Spot but so I need to know if a med would fit? Im 5 foot 8 1/2 and have 30" inseam, and the spot has A 30" standover. I dont wont to buy A frame that is to big, I did that once when I bought a Switchblade online that was to big thats why thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
spongstick said:
Im ready to pull the trigger and buy A 5 Spot but so I need to know if a med would fit? Im 5 foot 8 1/2 and have 30" inseam, and the spot has A 30" standover. I dont wont to buy A frame that is to big, I did that once when I bought a Switchblade online that was to big thats why thanks.
You can demo at ABS in Santa Cruz. They are T's N CA distributor. Good guys. Check your PM.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
spongstick said:
Try to get a demo ride at ABS. I'm the same height as you except I have a 32.5" inseam. A medium fits me, but I have over 9.5" of seatpost exposed (there's a joke there somewhere) which is a lot. With your inseam, the medium should be perfect.

Don't worry about the standover. It'll be fine.

·
Two Tired
396 Posts
spongstick said:
I concur on Another Bike Shop in Santa Cruz. You can try one out for a day on the trails (Wilder and other trails are very close) for a reasonable fee. My brother-in-law if your size and a medium was "spot" on for him.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Sun Bikes in Milpitas also carries Turner. They just had a sale price, which they may or may not honor still. It's worth a try at least. I'm looking to buy a 5 Spot too. Maybe we could do a group buy or something. Check your PMs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.