Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may already know I will SOON be on a Sultan,and alot of guys here have been a great big help with my 50 million questions (you know who you are,and thanks again very much) My biggest problem now is WHAT F-N COLOR??? I do like very much the stock blue but am leaning towards black.Which leads me to my question,what is the difference between smoke black and the semi gloss black? If anyone has any pictures that would be great.Thanks in advance CF...

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Hopefully someone will post pictures. The best I can describe the Smoke black is sort of a translucent grey over metal. It looks killer.

Someone posted some stunning pictures a while back that really captured it's look. Darned if I can remember though.

congrats on the new scooter CF!

Edit: here's some shots there's gotta be some more

stgr's spot

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Here Ya go Fred

Pix from my '07 Sultan (when I had it). Color is deeper than what you see in the pix. If I was to go custom color again this would be it.

And I do hope you run the same sticker on the fork of your Sultan as you do on your Jabber. :)

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
black smoke is very nice in the sun, it looks exactly like those pics. in the shade it looks darker and will resemble a darker less gray color.

best of both...if you like the black smoker....

gloss black is just that jet black. wet-black!

oth, candy blue is an amazing color...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
JC...I'm getting a surprise from Tom next week:thumbsup: Can't really go into details until its in my hands, but they finally took care of my problem(s)...I hope. I will post up once the deal is done:D

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
All I have to add is once you pick a color make sure to get the 5.5 spot rockers and have the RP23 pushed. And if you are over 185 lbs switch to the low volume air can.

I was on the verge of selling my Sultan because I couldn't get the rear end to feel good until I made those changes.

My opinion anyway. Unless you are looking for a "firm XC" feel, in that case keep it stock.

B

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
That smoke black is gorgeous! If I can't find a used RFX soon and end up going for new, I plan on getting one in that or Iron Glimmer Grey I think (unsure if one is more durable PC or not.)

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Push did a very very nice job on my RP23 and I am even able to run the HV air sleeve. This is the first Push product I am really impressed with. They did an excellent job, I must say.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Bortis,

Bortis Yelltzen said:
All I have to add is once you pick a color make sure to get the 5.5 spot rockers and have the RP23 pushed. And if you are over 185 lbs switch to the low volume air can.

I was on the verge of selling my Sultan because I couldn't get the rear end to feel good until I made those changes.

My opinion anyway. Unless you are looking for a "firm XC" feel, in that case keep it stock.

B
I do plan on going with the 5.5 rockers as for the low volume air can not sure what to do about that(I'm sure JC will fill me in). I was also thinking CCDB but I'd like to keep this bike down around 28-29 pounds.Thanks to all for your help..CF....

·
Living the Dream
1,808 Posts
So I guess that answer's the question about

whether Nicolai is doing a 29er. I have a Sultan Frame waiting for the new Reba w/ maxle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Semi-gloss Black

this is semi-gloss black (with the semi gloss rear-end too.) It's not shiny "wet" black at all, but nearly a matte finish - almost the exact finish on the Reba fork if that helps you at all. The smoke black looks almost like XTR gunmetal gray.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.