Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to make any Turner into a 96er?
I am really into them right now, and I was wondering if I can create on out of a Turner? I don't think I can, but I was just wondering!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Why not!

Buy a Sultan! dwl...

29er wheelset..

26er rear wheel!

Ya might have some extra room in the back but so, can't see any real issue just more clearance!

120mm fork or 10mm fork maybe better! to keep the angles right, though on the dlw Sultan I think you'll be ok with a 120mm especially if choosing say a Reba TA which is fully adjustable you can choose your HA only the rear en I can see could be the issue but if anything that would be cool slightly less WB shorter effective CS through wheels size would be cool!

Give it a whirl, you might be the first dwl Franken Turner for 09, something new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
trailadvent said:
Why not!

Buy a Sultan! dwl...

29er wheelset..

26er rear wheel!

Ya might have some extra room in the back but so, can't see any real issue just more clearance!

120mm fork or 10mm fork maybe better! to keep the angles right, though on the dlw Sultan I think you'll be ok with a 120mm especially if choosing say a Reba TA which is fully adjustable you can choose your HA only the rear en I can see could be the issue but if anything that would be cool slightly less WB shorter effective CS through wheels size would be cool!

Give it a whirl, you might be the first dwl Franken Turner for 09, something new :thumbsup:
You're kidding right? How about a 12" bb height? :nono: :confused:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,334 Posts
jncarpenter said:
Then call it "slopestyle".

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
jncarpenter said:
Whats the worst that can happen put ya 29er rear wheel back on hardly a loss, if we all thought that way no oe would ever have frankened there Turners to begin with, I hear what ya saying but there are plenty of 12" bb MTB bikes around!

Its not like There;s a 96er Turner in the range so I presumed he thought that this would occur to some degree!

Besides is it going to drop that much really, the std is 13.4"?

I like Jays thinking ;)

170mm/ 165mm cranks anyone, :D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i thought low b/bkt's were all the rage. i cant keep up with whats homer cool anymore.

and no mr wojahowitz. i dont think its got a chance in hell of workin. 69'ers have really wacked out geo. check it here.

·
mnt bike laws of physics
2,763 Posts
the BB would only drop about 0.8 inches with a 26" rear, so it would be 12.6" high.
The angles will slacken 1.5*.

You should really consider a 650b rear end with a 200mm shock for more travel and almost the same geometry and BB height as intended. That would be really Franked out ;)

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i lost it inbetween oldmanberg and conservativeville. theres frankenturners and theres mistakes. a 69'er sultan doesnt seem like a frankenturner to me but its not my bike to worry about. carry on.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
R ya probably right I thought the guy seemed pretty keen on it and gen so hence the full 9er and 26er rear whats to lose 650b rear sounds interesting maybe even better if thats what he wants, ya maybe right may not be true franken workins but heyin the spirit of pioneerin I thought give him 10 for trying :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.