Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a FOX AVA propedal for my 5 Spot. I weigh 200 lbs and I am wondering how others have "dialed-in" the FOX AVA propedal. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
JTBAZ said:
I just purchased a FOX AVA propedal for my 5 Spot. I weigh 200 lbs and I am wondering how others have "dialed-in" the FOX AVA propedal. Thanks
I weigh about 190-195 with all my gear on. I was told to set it at 50lbs less than my weight. I also have the AVA in the most linear setting. I've done two rides and so far so good.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help - I took the 5 Spot out with the AVA for a ride and I am very impressed with its performance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey JTBAZ, I thought that you had a Burner. Did you recently upgrade to a 5-spot? If so, why? Also, how does the Burner compare to the 5-spot? I only ask as I am considering either building up a Burner or spending a little extra and perhaps going with the 5-spot. Take care.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lushmd said:
Hey JTBAZ, I thought that you had a Burner. Did you recently upgrade to a 5-spot? If so, why? Also, how does the Burner compare to the 5-spot? I only ask as I am considering either building up a Burner or spending a little extra and perhaps going with the 5-spot. Take care.

I recently sold my Burner and purchased a 5 Spot. I was able to get a really good deal on a 5 Spot frame. I also have a HH 100X and the Burner had a very similar feel to the HH 100X - so I figured I would get something a little bit more plush.

In regards to the Burner and the 5 spot both are great bikes. The 5 Spot is a more plush but it is a little heavier frame . The Burner is a little bit "snappier" in its handling. If you plan on only doing trail riding, including agressive trail riding, I would go with the 5 Spot. If you plan on trail riding and doing a little racing I would go with Burner. I would also recommend going with the 4" Romic rockers on the Burner. The Burner at $950 is an awesome price. Please feel free to follow up with any additional questions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts