Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I had the opportunity to do some experimenting I thought I'd turn my Soul Cycles Dillinger into this Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Bottom Bracket?

I thought the Dillinger had an EBB bottom bracket? It seems this one does not have one.

Did you make this change, or am I not able to see it from the picture?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MMcG, the answer is better, the handling between the two isn't that much different as far as cornering goes. I would say the bigest difference is in out of the saddle climbing, the shorter CS of the Gary Fisher really work better there. There is a difference in seated climbing but it's just not as apparent. Both bike decend great but the Soul Cycles is designed around a 100mm fork and the GF is desinged around an 80mm. Right now the fork I'm using is set at 100 mm but I'm in the middle of reducing the travel to 800 so I can compare apples to apples. I'll update this post next week about the difference.
Also the GF seams to accelerate a little better, I don't know if it's because it's lighter (no EBB and a little less beef) or the GF geo. This might just be my perception but there you have it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ottoreni said:
I thought the Dillinger had an EBB bottom bracket? It seems this one does not have one.

Did you make this change, or am I not able to see it from the picture?
Your right but the Dilinger shot wouldn't upload so you can only see the shots of the GF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.