Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
drunken pirate
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of moaning on the internet anyone want to ride today? Seventies in February is too good to pass up. I'm thinking Turkey Pen at 2. South Mills River > Mullinax > Squirrel > Bradley > Riverside > Bradley or some combination there of depending on the tread on Squirrel. I'll be stopping frequently (seriously) and riders of all abilities are welcome. 7-9 miles, 1600' climbing, 100% single track, bring your water wings :thumbsup:

·
Registered
671 Posts
driftwood said:
I can't imagine why nobody wanted to ride with me today. I ended up doing Squirrel to Laurel Creek and then all of Riverside. No fewer than 14 creek and river crossings :D
wanting to ride and being able to ride are two different things.... life took over today and remains in charge through the weekend, I was at least able to ride a bit of north slope while my son was having bball practice at the rec dept.

I bet the water is still cold even if the air is warming :eek:

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's not cold enough for the river crossings to actually mean anything.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i rode near boone today and pinch flatted.

upon further inspection, i had also torn the sidewall on the tire, all the glue in the little tube with my patch kit had mysteriously evaporated, i had mistakingly grabbed my spare tube for the cx bike (a 700/28 schrader), and the pinch was right by the valve, making the cut-and-knot emergency method not applicable. :madman: gotta love the early spring shake out.

turns out the rim is actually drilled for a schrader with a little plastic presta adapter piece that is easily removeable. and the cx tube crammed in the xc tire got me back to the car.

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
jamatt said:
i rode near boone today and pinch flatted.

upon further inspection, i had also torn the sidewall on the tire, all the glue in the little tube with my patch kit had mysteriously evaporated, i had mistakingly grabbed my spare tube for the cx bike (a 700/28 schrader), and the pinch was right by the valve, making the cut-and-knot emergency method not applicable. :madman: gotta love the early spring shake out.

turns out the rim is actually drilled for a schrader with a little plastic presta adapter piece that is easily removeable. and the cx tube crammed in the xc tire got me back to the car.
When I eat ice-cream too fast, I get a headache.

If I stop for a second it will usually go away.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Love the Early Spring Shake Out:

My drive train seemed fubar'd and H spent some time adapting various 8/9 spd. parts just to get me rolling for a few hours. That was actually fun. Had a man on the deck doing bike work while I cut my toenails. The cat got bored. Minimal ride due to skipping.

The post-ride trip to 12 Bones for take-out and picnicking at The Wedge was mo' funner.

We later realized the #1 culprit was a slightly bent hanger. (Wishing my car only needs the Simple Button.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.