Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been using an OLD school Turbo Cat system(Stealth/TrailGuide lights w/ endurance battery) for quite a few years and the battery is about done. A new battery will run around $120 and a new HID or LED system a good bit more. I've really pretty much ignored lighting advances as what I had worked, now I'm wondering which direction to go. The Turbo Cat has served me well for a long time but it's about as low tech as it gets. Am I really missing out on that much by sticking with the Turbo Cat? Would really appreciate rsponses from those who've moved up(?) from the Turbo Cat.

Thanks.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
I have a couple of old school Niterider 15w 6v systems. I'm very impressed with the HID systems that I have seen out on the trails. Both by the amount of light and the high cost of ownership/use, those bulbs are really spendy.

Check this out:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=707

I'm getting a new battery pack AND smart charger from them for less than half of that $120. I'm going to keep the old stuff going for a year or two and score a great deal on some highly evolved LED systems for my bars and helmet.

We are just at the beginning of the LED bike light era. Lots of room for innovation and competition to improve the sytems and drive prices down.

29erchico

1 - 2 of 2 Posts