Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about how lightend a XTR pedal - I tried on the weightweenie-forum and was told it's possible to change the steel axle to a titanium axle and replacing some steel fastners til alloy - anyone tried this or have any other ideas to lower the weight?

Maybe replacing the springs??

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
emkay said:
It would be a solution but I have heard the bearings should be very shortlasting! Do you know something or have tried them??
Do you race? If so, then just get the Expedos for racing(use the same cleats as your 959's).

i heard something about the Xpedo Mags or something, how they were a problem and now are discontinued:)

I personally use egg beaters:)

Sorry for not being any more help:(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bike_freak said:
Do you race? If so, then just get the Expedos for racing(use the same cleats as your 959's).

i heard something about the Xpedo Mags or something, how they were a problem and now are discontinued:)

I personally use egg beaters:)

Sorry for not being any more help:(
But thanks for your help so far - but I don't like that I can't train with the stuff that I race so I wouldn't have 2 kind of pedals.

I also have the triple ti eggbeater pedals and I really like the function BUT I don't like that I have to change the bearings every 3th month!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.