Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was going to take my nike in for a tune but can't afford a week or more turn-around time.

anyone here know of a good book i could get that will walk me through the process?

i used to tune my own road bike back in the day, but things have probably changed quite a bit?

thanks

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
insert smart arse response here:

sketchbook said:
was going to take my nike in for a tune but can't afford a week or more turn-around time.

anyone here know of a good book i could get that will walk me through the process?

i used to tune my own road bike back in the day, but things have probably changed quite a bit?

thanks
No need for a book! Typically when I tune up my Nike's (or any other sport shoes for that matter). I like to get new laces. I like i-bungees and Yanks style laces, but any will do. I then like to use a nylon brush and get all the trail grime out of the tread. I then like to apply shoe goo in any areas that are loose. Finally I like to take a damp terry cloth towel and wipe down all the surfaces. Best of luck with your shoe tune up.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Just bustin yer chops...

sketchbook said:
oops. hehe
No biggie on tuning the bike man, it's not any different than a road bike in that cables & housing work the same.

If your bike is ridden in the Oregon goop, I'm sure Cables & Housing will be the minimum. Cable adjustments are the same for road and mtn bikes. True your wheels, same as a road bike. If you have hydro disc brakes, and suspension front/rear leave that to a shop unless you're just anxious to tackle those yourself. If so go to the manufactures website and download their .pdf. Some sus forks require specialty tools and IMO not worth the cost.

Second the SS thing (single speed). My $.02 rigid 29er SS, but I'm a grumpy old fart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.