Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
I was happy to see that the orange Ransom Tuned frame has been replaced by a black and white Ransom Ltd frame. The white handlebar is a cool touch. My Gambler frame is still gonna be an awful lot of orange for my taste.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know color is completely a matter of opinion......but damn I love orange. I just think it looks amazing on these bikes. I love the cohesiveness of it all too. As sure as the sun rises in the east......You know the Tuned line is gonna be orange. End of story, haha!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really dig that new tuned Genius.

Why is there so little talk about the genius models?? The Santa Cruz forums are exploding. But the scott ones? Nothing almost.
Are they more popular in Europe?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
8k list for the genius tuned, and can probably get a little off of that. It seems like a lot of bike for $8k or i am just crazy?? Fox 36 factory suspension, x01 axs, comes with aluminum wheels though which would be the only lower price point item. My ransom is light and the listed weight on the website for the genius is 27.7lbs.(probably M or L frame size), with aluminum wheelset. Throw a carbon wheelset on there and XX1 if you want and for a size XL i bet you would be sub 28 lbs. That is light for what it is. I wonder why this bike doesn't get more attention? The Genius was a hit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
8k list for the genius tuned, and can probably get a little off of that. It seems like a lot of bike for $8k or i am just crazy?? Fox 36 factory suspension, x01 axs, comes with aluminum wheels though which would be the only lower price point item. My ransom is light and the listed weight on the website for the genius is 27.7lbs.(probably M or L frame size), with aluminum wheelset. Throw a carbon wheelset on there and XX1 if you want and for a size XL i bet you would be sub 28 lbs. That is light for what it is. I wonder why this bike doesn't get more attention? The Genius was a hit.
Exactly what I am thinking.
I will demo one for sure next summer.
I ride a sc hightower right now and would clearly benefit from a twinlock.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
what? where is this black and white frame you speak of? I only see orange on the tuned models.
The Scott USA framesets page keeps changing. Now only 2 road frames are on there but for the last week it showed the orange Gambler frame and the black/white Ransom LTD frame. I placed an order for both.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Scott USA framesets page keeps changing. Now only 2 road frames are on there but for the last week it showed the orange Gambler frame and the black/white Ransom LTD frame. I placed an order for both.
Looking forward to seeing that ltd ransom frame, please post some pics when you get it. Maybe they sold out already and took it off of the website.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I was under the impression that the Ransom frameset was not available in the US last year, so when I couldn't find the Ransom frameset on the US site but could find it on some other country websites I just assumed it was not available (again).

Lelandjt, when you say you placed an order to you mean with your LBS ? There is no direct way to order Scott frames is there ? What about small parts ? I assume I have to go through my LBS dealer to get bushings, bearings, and such.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Yes, through an LBS. He said 2019s were gone, 20s were about to be released and that day they appeared on the website, along with several "Nino" Spark RC framesets. He said they only import framesets that are preordered so order now, I did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.