Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve finished my Precision Billet Front Derailleur.

I will test the part and then i want to continue with titanium parrallelogrambolts......

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice but an M952 with Al bolts is only 3 grams heavier.

I didn't know Precision Billet still existed. I had one of their 8 speed trickass rear derailleurs back in the day but it folded like a wet pancake on a ride. Sweet looking piece but not so durable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to have one of those- it's a nice piece. You could save maybe 5g by removing the half of the moment arm that you aren't using, assuming that you know what pull your bike is for. Also, maybe you could replace the aluminum spacer connecting the cages with a nylon one.

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Irrenarzt said:
Nice but an M952 with Al bolts is only 3 grams heavier.

I didn't know Precision Billet still existed. I had one of their 8 speed trickass rear derailleurs back in the day but it folded like a wet pancake on a ride. Sweet looking piece but not so durable.
I want to have my own experience.
My rear derailleur work without problems still 3 Years.

The derrailleur get titan parrallelogramm bolts and a lighter rear link.

The area where the spring is beeing,is untouched,too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' your choice in derailleurs. It's a cool FD for sure. Just relaying my personal experiences.

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smed said:
I used to have one of those- it's a nice piece. You could save maybe 5g by removing the half of the moment arm that you aren't using, assuming that you know what pull your bike is for. Also, maybe you could replace the aluminum spacer connecting the cages with a nylon one.
I don`t want "destroy" the derailleur!

But the weight will sink under 100 gramm.

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Irrenarzt said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' your choice in derailleurs. It's a cool FD for sure. Just relaying my personal experiences.
I`am not wicked about your personal experience.:)

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Irrenarzt said:
That rocks. I like the germans.
Why?:confused:
The big USA is perhaps `cooler` than Germany.

Do you know where i can get carbon or plastic spacer from 34,9mm to 31,8mm diameter?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Actually SRAM probably has that spacer as last years X9 FD was a one size fits all and had a reducing spacer to being it down to 31.8

·
expand your mind!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Irrenarzt said:
Actually SRAM probably has that spacer as last years X9 FD was a one size fits all and had a reducing spacer to being it down to 31.8
Thanks.I will try to get it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is the Billet rder the same as one we had in the uk under a different name, can't remember what it was but looked sweet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts