Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I imagine you'll have to raise the nose of the saddle to extreme angles to be able to sit on a horizontal area in the back. A saddle should be flat front-to-back, and rather be wide enough at the back that you don't slide off. That way you don't have to have the nose up in the air, which is not too comfortable on long climbs.

If you put a saddle like this Tune with the front part flat, the uphill slope on the rear will constantly push you forwards, and you have to use your arms to keep yourselves in the correct position on the saddle.

Ole.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx ole !

Any idea what would be a good alternative ?

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Dex11 said:
thx ole !

Any idea what would be a good alternative ?
FRM Blackhole...almost identical to the Tune Concorde/Becker Carbon which aren't available for MTB anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I had the Becker Carbon last year, but it broke on a crash. I didn't like it too much, it was too curved, and not wide enough in the back. Now I'm back on my old SLR Carbon, and even though the shell is much less flexible than the Becker, I like it a lot better. It doesn't push me forward, and I don't have to hold on so hard with my arms when climbing.

We all have different pelvises, so what works for one rider doesn't work for another. Try as many different saddles as you can, then you get a feel for what fits you and what doesn't.

Ole.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx guys....

What saddle are you using now Nino ? Did you ride the Blackhole yourself ?

@ Ole

I understand what you mean, but tying saddles at these prices is to much for me
Maybe there is someone who likes the regular SLR too, and found something almost the same, only lighter.....

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Dex11 said:
thx guys....

What saddle are you using now Nino ? Did you ride the Blackhole yourself ?

@ Ole

I understand what you mean, but tying saddles at these prices is to much for me
Maybe there is someone who likes the regular SLR too, and found something almost the same, only lighter.....
I'm on Becker Carbones on my Winter-Bike and Roadbike, a Token Carbon on my Winter-commuter and now installed the Blackhole on my Summer-Bike...these saddles need to be mounted with the nose slightly up so you sit on the wider rear part which is super flexible and comfy. I don't like the SLRs. To each his own saddle;)

·
Maromero
1,603 Posts
FiCaçador said:
And about the tune Komvor? Do someone have the nem Komvor? Has anyone tested one? Is it as comfortable as the Speedneedle? Is there any opinion?

Thanks!
I have only used it for a couple of rides, but it feels very similar to the Speedneedle it substitutes in Tune and my bike. And you don't need to raise the tip that much.

Attachments

·
Maromero
1,603 Posts
nikoli8 said:
Love your bike... What's your future upgrades.. I'm gonna get the carbon XTR shifter brackets you have....
Changed to discs, so I had to upgrade my wheelset, I'll post it later here, I already posted on Mexico forum.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Great job! I saw the forum...
The seats my last piece for this year..
Unless I sell my old parts I got Lying around to go lightning.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Any carbon saddles that will work with a KCNC seatpost and have an SLR Flow (cut-out) shape?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
doccoraje....are the rails the same as with the Speedneedle ? Kinda oval ? Could you post some pics of the rails ? thx...

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
oldassracer said:
Any carbon saddles that will work with a KCNC seatpost and have an SLR Flow (cut-out) shape?
Maybe the Token Carbon?
I use it on my Winter-commuter paired to a Token Carbon seatpost which has a similar clamp than the KCNC.

Attachments

·
Maromero
1,603 Posts
Dex11 said:
doccoraje....are the rails the same as with the Speedneedle ? Kinda oval ? Could you post some pics of the rails ? thx...
No they are round, carbon with metal inserts over and under, I'll take some pics later.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts