Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in a Tune Concorde saddle. I currently ride a aliante which fits my backside like a glove. I don't know how that translates to a good fit but hopefully it will as these appear to be pricey. On to a more important question. Anyone know of an online retailer in the us who sells tune products?

·
Weight Weenie Addict!
255 Posts
Rick....first you should be aware that the Tune Concorde..same as Becker...is a road sadlle with a 85 Kg weight limit. On the other hand, I have use it on my MTB without any problems....53 grams is the verified weight. You have to be sure your seatpost doesn't clamp on the sides as the rails are integrated into the saddle. Need more help on this drop me a message.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
RickMabus said:
I am interested in a Tune Concorde saddle. I currently ride a aliante which fits my backside like a glove. I don't know how that translates to a good fit but hopefully it will as these appear to be pricey. On to a more important question. Anyone know of an online retailer in the us who sells tune products?
Rick,
as jmartpr already told you these saddles these days are road saddles only. And that's for a reason. They used to offer them in a reinforced MTB version as well before and those were also a bit heavier (60-65g). They had one or two layers more to withstand the added abuse from riding offroad. I was one of the first to use these Becker carbones years ago and it started with road saddles weighing just 39g. That saddle went "flat" after just 3 months of use. By flat i mean the whole structure would flatten just from riding it (i weigh 70 kilos/155 lbs).When looking at the saddle from the side it would be about 10mm less high than it was when new. I then got a reinforced 52g version which again went "flat" but it took a lot longer this time.Again i got a new one which now was 57g and used to date on my roadbike.That one is ok.Remember we are still talking about the road versions used on roadbikes only. I also have a 62g MTB version on my MTB and that one is perfect from day one.It must be at least 4 or 5 years i have it without any problems. Great saddles.Very comfortable!

I can only suggest to get an older , heavier MTB version if you can still find one or get the FRM Blackhole instead which is almost the same but still offered for MTB. That's what i bought myself as well when i needed a new saddle for my second winterbike just lately. I just love the fit and feel of those saddles but on a MTB the structure needs to be more robust which right now only FRM offers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had a Becker Carbon last year until I broke it in a crash. Going back to my old SLR Carbon made me realize how much I don't like how the Becker tilts up in the back, and also how it's very narrow all the way back. The SLR is flat in the back, so I don't have to lift the nose of the saddle to be able to sit flat where my sit bones are, and it is also wide enough that I don't slide too far back on climbs.

The SLR is less flexible, but the shape fits me better than the Becker, so comfort for me is actually better on the SLR. But I race a full suspension bike, so I have extra comfort already. :)

Ole.

·
Weight Weenie Addict!
255 Posts
Rick....I agree with Nino, and the FRM which I also currently use is a great option. We sell both brands, Tune and FRM, and for MTB Iwould go witht he FRM Black Hole and take the 7-8 gram penalty.

·
Registered
646 Posts
JM and. Niño are the best resources for most products.. Just don't ask about Eclipse tubes because the bullies of the room will open up an unneeded can of issues. I'm going with the Kom Vor myself...

Looks good in a wierd way...

If you go a heavier route go Token.. Super nice feel...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts