Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're meeting up at the shop (across the street from the visitor's center and the skatepark) at 6pm every Tuesdays. I usually arrive about 6:01 ready to ride. This Tuesday should offer up pretty good conditions at Hall:

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
No show in Boulder?

I live in Denver, and I'm pretty sure we got hammered all day yesterday (Sunday). Did Boulder get any snow? Is there really going to be a ride on Tuesday?

I need single track damn it!! I got snubbed by Mother F*#%in Nature in Nathrop this weekend.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
ibexmsu said:
I live in Denver, and I'm pretty sure we got hammered all day yesterday (Sunday). Did Boulder get any snow? Is there really going to be a ride on Tuesday?

I need single track damn it!! I got snubbed by Mother F*#%in Nature in Nathrop this weekend.
Areas in Boulder city limits got quite a bit of snow, but seems the further north you get the less there was.
I had 6 or 7 inches at least in Longmont, but Loveland reports said about 3 inches.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jdub said:
I had 6 or 7 inches at least in Longmont, but Loveland reports said about 3 inches.
Boulder got quite a bit, but we're 20 minutes north and a whole 'nother planet away up in Lyons. Fortunately or unfortunately, we sit in a weather shadow of Long's Peak. Many times, storms hit Long's on the west, break up, and don't regroup until Longmont or so. That's why Lyons is more dry/desert terrain. Anyway, that pic was taken yesterday around 5:30pm. All of the snow's already gone up here. Tomorrow will be good.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
see you tomorrow

Thanks Dave, see you tomorrow unless... Oh, I don't know, sh#* happens!

Looking forward to meeting some of you who show up.

I'll be riding the bike with the banana seat.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lidarman said:
Dave, you don't think the loop will be ready do you?
Yep. When I rode Sunday afternoon, I climbed the main trail, looped the top and came down Antelope (had to make it home quick), the loop was tacky with just a couple of wet spots. Between the benches was a little wet, too, and Antelope was prime. I looked back at my tracks, though, and I hadn't even made a dent - even in the wettest stuff. It did snow again a bit last night, but by 6pm today, there was no more snow in town and just barely a little bit at the top of Hall (I can see it from my house). By tomorrow, my guess is that the main trail will be pretty good with spots that are back to gravelly. The loop should be prime.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ibexmsu said:
How far of a ride is the loop. I've never been up there.
Not long. The loop is only 15 min on a fast day, but the park is generally a lollipop when ridden from the main trail head. here's some more info, including a map. From the shop the ride will be 1.5 -2 hrs depending on the pace. We can mix it up by using all the trails there. Riding up the main trail, out & back on Antelope, up to the loop and back down the main trail nets a very good ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.