Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the cool nerd
Joined
·
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In some other thread, I saw that there are some regularly scheduled T night rides going on.. so, can I get some info, I'd llike to get in a few more night rides...
 

·
contains quinine
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
sportsman said:
In some other thread, I saw that there are some regularly scheduled T night rides going on.. so, can I get some info, I'd llike to get in a few more night rides...
Dave has a standing Tuesday night ride, ususally in Lyons, sometimes elsewhere. He ususally posts Sunday or Monday to make plans. I was hoping to get them down here to Lville, but the snow's put a damper on that.

http://redstonecyclery.blogspot.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,698 Posts
sportsman said:
In some other thread, I saw that there are some regularly scheduled T night rides going on.. so, can I get some info, I'd llike to get in a few more night rides...
You got snowtires on the bike?
 

·
the cool nerd
Joined
·
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sandan said:
You got snowtires on the bike?
fatties fit fine... 2.7 and 2.5, as cold as it has been up here, the snow seems to be ridable, did it on the cross bike these should be better...

are you one of those fair weather riders? waiting for it to get back into the 70s before venturing out on the bike again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,698 Posts
sportsman said:
fatties fit fine... 2.7 and 2.5, as cold as it has been up here, the snow seems to be ridable, did it on the cross bike these should be better...

are you one of those fair weather riders? waiting for it to get back into the 70s before venturing out on the bike again?
Nope, I'm no fair weather rider. Rode up to the dam @ Waterton and then showshoed Rox, last saturday.

Does skibiking count? Did some of that too.
 

·
the cool nerd
Joined
·
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sandan said:
Rode up to the dam @ Waterton and then showshoed Rox, last saturday.
.
sweet, that's what I'm looking for. If work allows, I may hit green mountain tomorrow evening, was going to it this evening, now I'm looking at tomorrow :D

did you ride your ski bike up the mountain? Then, it doesn't count. I'm looking for free, no lift required. If I go to the lifts, then I'm carrying my snowboard. of course, it has been years since I've snowshoed up (uh oh, brainlapse... the tunnel to winterpark) and boarded back down. Maybe something to try again soon...
 

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Sorry to continue the hijack, but....

I'm wondering the same thing as papawheelie! How is GM?

I was gonna hit GM tonight, but after today's temps decided it would be too slushy/muddy. Anyone confirm or deny? Hoping it freezes over tonight, because I'm going for it tomorrow morning. With my luck, I'll ride 4 feet and sink down into a sopping pool of peanut buttery goo and have to do the pavement Tour de Golden Ghetto - yes, again!
 

·
the cool nerd
Joined
·
8,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought they'd be too muddy also, so I just stuck up here in Broomfield tonight..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,698 Posts
sportsman said:
sweet, that's what I'm looking for. If work allows, I may hit green mountain tomorrow evening, was going to it this evening, now I'm looking at tomorrow :D

did you ride your ski bike up the mountain? Then, it doesn't count. I'm looking for free, no lift required. If I go to the lifts, then I'm carrying my snowboard. of course, it has been years since I've snowshoed up (uh oh, brainlapse... the tunnel to winterpark) and boarded back down. Maybe something to try again soon...
Rode the lift w/ the skibke. Meet some WP guy who lends then out. Kinda fun, but, I'd rather tele.
Moffat Tunnel.
Did you hit GM? or is rthat tonight? What time? Hike to ski or ride, I might be interested. I see you "fair weathered" GM:D.
 

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Frontranger and I hit GM this morning. The fire road up is mostly ridable. The loop around the Southwest side of GM still has some deep snow in spots - which led to a fun slow-motion endo for each of us! I'd say unless you are on a Pugsley and a little nuts, might want to snowsnoe or ski GM still. Took us 2hours to ride/hike 3 miles with our expensive walking sticks.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top